The Lynda Spencer Murder Trial - anyone been following it. (Upsetting)

(31 Posts)
ALMOSTMRSG Mon 08-Apr-13 20:01:01

Has anyone been following this trial. I think it is possibly the most horrific trial I have read about. www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-22064366

WildlingPrincess Sat 13-Apr-13 00:13:08

Yamyoid I agree with you.

I've never heard of this case before. Sickening!

edam Sat 13-Apr-13 00:23:04

I suspect the money she conned from the perpetrators wasn't theirs in the first place. An innocent victim would never have even dreamed of resorting to anything like this.

PTA Sat 13-Apr-13 00:29:53

She just looked so young, especially in the first picture that was used of her with her hair scaped back.

I cannot imagine what she went through and what her family are still going through, not knowing where her body is. It must be sheer hell for them and although I too welcome the long sentances, her family have an even longer one.

timtam23 Sun 14-Apr-13 23:08:26

I'm not in Scotland but saw a report on this and did keep an eye on the progress of the trial. What happened to her was absolutely barbaric, I could not believe how awful the details were & long she was made to suffer. Very glad that the guilty verdicts came in and those men will be locked up for a long time. Her poor poor family, not able to give her the dignity of a funeral sad

Fargo86 Mon 15-Apr-13 05:08:48

I just hope they serve the full sentence. I don't think they would in England, hopefully the Scottish legal system is better in this respect.

TheRealFellatio Mon 15-Apr-13 05:56:21

I have read a few things like this lately and I am at a loss to understand how I can possibly be a member of the same species as some so-called human beings.

I find it really really hard not to long for the return of the death penalty sometimes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now