This is one that will rile Mumsnet. George Osborne parking in a disabled space.

(21 Posts)
FanjoForTheMammaries Thu 27-Nov-14 18:11:38

That's weird. It was in my active convos yesterday. So i answered it. I wouldn't revive a dead thread on purpose. Sorry folks blush when you said that I looked to see who had actually revived it as I didn't think it was me.

26Point2Miles Thu 27-Nov-14 18:06:18

why revive a dead thread fanjo

Isitmebut Thu 27-Nov-14 17:59:50

I see this is classed on Mumsnet as a “Zombie Thread”, but it’s unclear if that applies to now, or back in April, when a newspaper one has to be sleepwalking to buy, first thought it was newsworthy. lol

Drivers, Protection Officers, whoever, are paid to look after their VIP’s as they see fit, and unless this was another pleb of an attempt ‘to bring down a minister’, I suggest those STILL offended by a drivers parking habits, starts a petition to remind them to reread the Highway Code.

Lucky it wasn’t ‘hit ‘n run’ Ed Balls driving, or sitting shotgun - there might have been a disable casualty.

FanjoForTheMammaries Wed 26-Nov-14 22:10:16

"This is one that will rile Mumsnet". Well it should rile everyone tbh

merrymouse Thu 25-Apr-13 09:40:50

I think this is highly relevant. Apparently he either didn't know it was a disabled parking space (failure to spot obvious signs) or having blamed the driver for parking there, failed to take appropriate action to rectify the situation because apparently it wasn't his responsibility.

I think I'm spotting a behaviour pattern here...

HubbaHubbaHubbaInHoobLand Mon 08-Apr-13 07:02:53

No need to be sarcastic limited! I am one of the very few who agree with what osbourne is doing with the welfare system!!

Here here!! (My encore)

limitedperiodonly Sun 07-Apr-13 23:00:00

Yes, there are many more serious things going on in the country than this.

How prescient of you to have pointed this out hubba.

What would you like to do for an encore?

ps It was Miss Scarlet in the library with the candlestick

HubbaHubbaHubbaInHoobLand Sun 07-Apr-13 21:56:32

I mean really, is there not more serious things going on in the country than this.

It was the drivers fault.

StephaniePowers Fri 05-Apr-13 17:47:40

Armando Iannucci must be pissed off
They're stealing all his plot lines for The Thick Of It

limitedperiodonly Fri 05-Apr-13 17:45:24

quak I agree that most people won't notice the important issues and I gnash my teeth because they never do take notice of the things I regard as important. Damn them.

But these stories are useful in that mocking people is for a long time, all you can do to keep morale going until the day comes when non-specific scorn is the way most voters regard the people you despise for specific policies.

Ridicule and contempt is what does for them all in the end.

limitedperiodonly Fri 05-Apr-13 17:30:07

His 'people' clearly have no idea how to present him at all.

Maybe they do grin

his fault when he came back, saw where it was parked and sat in it to eat his burger then left it still parked there whilst he had a cigarette. not about fault really anyway imo but about the flagrancy with which it shows his attitude.

Quak Fri 05-Apr-13 17:13:02

There was another thread about this. I commented that things like this seem almost deliberately designed to distract attention from more serious and real issues that the government probably don't want us to think about. This non-story, like others will enrage people, whereas the sell off of the NHS goes by unnoticed....

GrowSomeCress Fri 05-Apr-13 17:06:10

I was under the impression that it was a driver who parked in the space while Osborne went to get food.

So not Osborne's fault.

GotAnyGrapes Fri 05-Apr-13 14:48:09

He's just such a numpty!
Even if it was someone else driving. His 'people' clearly have no idea how to present him at all. And if he was just being dropped off/picked up then why not drop him at the door and drive round until he reappears?

limitedperiodonly Fri 05-Apr-13 11:34:52

I like this bit. An anonymous ahem, quote, because you wouldn't give your name if you'd admitted to being a Tory voter.

One disgusted onlooker – a businessman in his 40s who admitted being a Tory voter – said: “I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw his driver pull into the disabled parking bay.

Is there any surprise? he's such a product of the Tory government.

I think there should be an investigation into why people in receipt of Tory wages turn into inconsiderate arseholes...

Oh wait....

catsmother Fri 05-Apr-13 07:14:19

Why doesn't this surprise me at all ?

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Fri 05-Apr-13 06:37:54

I know! Rips away disability benefits, support and services and then to add insult to injury - makes free with the spaces!

hmmm... abuse of the system indeed.

while he was inside, the car was moved to a disabled bay. Yeah, course it was.

You know, instead of coming back with the instant child response of it wasn't my fault/I didn't do it, could he not just apologise?

MrsHoarder Fri 05-Apr-13 01:31:57

Fabulous!

FucktidiaBollockberry Thu 04-Apr-13 22:52:51

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now