Korea

(85 Posts)
DizzyHoneyBee Fri 29-Mar-13 09:05:08

It's all looking very worrying, I can't help but wonder how long before a war starts.
How do you think it will turn out?

meditrina Wed 10-Apr-13 07:43:48

From the BBC:

yesterday, UN's warnings sounding more grave as NK rhetoric continues

SK raises alert level

Think piece on whether China is urging restraint on NK

There is the capability to intercept the NK arsenal. But whether it would happen with 100% accuracy on the day, when the devastation from even one getting through verges on the unthinkable, means it's something that no leader wants to rely on even when the military is well-prepared.

QueenOfCats Wed 10-Apr-13 07:48:06

Apparently, NK will be launching a missile today - and NKs are performing "war dance of death"

Barbie1 Wed 10-Apr-13 08:41:32

Our move has been postponed until July 1st, it seems that South Korea is taking some notice of these latest threats.

It's nearing the end of the day in Korea, so he hasn't got long to carry out his latest threat hmm

Many in South Korea are worried that nothing will happen today and the nation will breathe a sign of relief and say we told you so...only for an unannounced attack to happen in the not so distant future?

mayajan Wed 10-Apr-13 12:07:34

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Barbie1 Wed 10-Apr-13 14:01:42

Thanks MNHQ smile

dizzyhoneybee Thu 11-Apr-13 09:57:21

Monday is a likely bet for the missile attack apparently. I think they'll do it on a different day when it's not expecting if they do it at all.
Barbie1, glad to hear that your move has been postponed

ForOneNightYoni Thu 11-Apr-13 10:05:13

Do you mean missile test?

Blimey, I don't want to make anything worse by anything I say (delusions of grandeur ?!) but it does all sound quite worrying, especially as I'm thinking of a family I stayed with in South Korea when I visited a few years ago sad confused

dizzyhoneybee Thu 11-Apr-13 10:36:14

The BBC were saying something about a missile launch from the north to the south, though I only caught a snippet of it when I was driving. I hope I was mistaken.

lottieandmia Thu 11-Apr-13 13:50:04

Well obviously any attack on S Korea would compel the US to get involved. N Korea will surely know that they have little to gain from such a thing? It will mean the end of the regime at least.

Let's hope it all calms down soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now