NHS privatisation piecemeal: but not in the press

(4 Posts)
lljkk Netherlands Sat 30-Mar-13 19:49:36

38 Degrees is going mental about it and has been for a while. 38 Degrees is to be credited with stopping this govt. from selling off the Forestry Commission about 18 months ago(?). So yes, I think protests are happening alright.

Leithlurker Sat 30-Mar-13 19:26:38

Not sure how you get the "Nobody noticing" part, I think we have had several threads on MN, all full of people being called alarmist, and scaremongerers by the right wing brigade. Followed closely of course but individual stories of how "a relative" of mine was abused, or starved, or left in their own shite/vomit/piss for days on end and staff could not care less stories. All to the effect that since this is apparently wide spread although no figures are ever offered, this is a reason to scrap or as you say OP hollow out the NHS and turn it into an american system.

meddie Sat 30-Mar-13 19:18:19

There have been, but very little reporting by any media outlet about it.

Brodicea Tue 26-Mar-13 17:38:21

Check this out: www.bmj.com/content/346/bmj.f1848

Looks like the NHS is being hollowed out piece by piece without anyone noticing. Are there any protests happening about this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now