Transsexual teacher commits suicide

(227 Posts)
kim147 Thu 21-Mar-13 13:48:09

A teacher who came out as transsexual and was treated to a horrible article in the DM by Richard Littlejohn has committed suicide. Despite support from the school, she received loads of hate mail.

That should have been me in the media but they never found out. I can't believe society.

RIP Lucy Meadows

Tallyra Thu 21-Mar-13 14:23:22

They had better at least write an apology. That is seriously disgusting. He doesn't deserve to be a journalist if he is just using it to air his views like that.

SuburbanRhonda Thu 21-Mar-13 14:23:32

Was it online or actually in the "newspaper" itself?

MarmaladeTwatkins Thu 21-Mar-13 14:24:11

Fucking Littlejohn angry

He really does think he's a plain-talking everyman who speaks for the nation, doesn't he? Well, you don't speak for me, Littlejohn, you rat-faced old shit. In fact, I am ashamed that you are the same species as me. How one person can sail through life lacking in any empathy for anyone unless they are white/British/heterosexual/employed is beyond me. I bet he has no friends. Vile creature.

Kim, have pmed you about something unrelated

I don't know the story either but from what's been posted it sounds awful. Wtf they thought would happen to the kids I don't know. They were no more in danger after she revealed her secret than they were before. Surely being gay straight bi transexuals black white etc has absolutely no baring on anyone's abilities to do a job and to be a good person!!!

What an awful thing to happen to an innocent person who no doubt enriched the lives of many children during the time she was a teacher.

Just tragic sad

EasilyBored Thu 21-Mar-13 14:26:53

That poor woman.

Richard Littlejohn is a vile, soulless cunt and I hope he drowns in birdshit.

OBface Thu 21-Mar-13 14:27:09

Poor poor woman. RIP Lucy

everlong Thu 21-Mar-13 14:28:09

I haven't seen what he had wrote.

This has really upset me. How much trauma, stress, concern must Lucy have gone through? Those poor children at school sad

Rip flowers

Darkesteyes Thu 21-Mar-13 14:29:04

Theyve pulled the Littlejohn article have they? Oh quelle surprise.

Littlejohn you are a stinking pile of shit.

Cherriesarelovely Thu 21-Mar-13 14:34:05

How horrible. I lost a dear friend last year who was transgender. I used to say to my Dd that she was the bravest woman in Great Britain. Just going out to the shops was an ordeal for her. The abuse she received was horrendous and even fairly seemingly intelligent, sensible people we knew used to make little jokes about her. Horrible. I am happy that in the years before she died she lived very happily with her wonderful partner in the countryside. I have never understood why people feel so threatened by this.

WyrdMother Thu 21-Mar-13 14:34:28

Some of the Littlejohn article is quoted here does not like to dailmail.

WyrdMother Thu 21-Mar-13 14:35:08

does not link for crying out loud...

pigsDOfly Thu 21-Mar-13 14:37:50

Daily Mail, Richard Littlejohn? Says it all really.

Seems as if you're an ignorant bigot you can say what you like, hurt who you like and get away with it if you're a 'journalist'.

OhChristHasRisenFENTON Thu 21-Mar-13 14:39:13

Yes they've pulled it - all links divert to another article of his, - they are utter shits, him and DM together.

HippiTEEHoppoTEE Thu 21-Mar-13 14:39:50

That poor woman. I have several trans* friends. The shit storm they go through just with their own friends and family, never mind being put into the fucking DM.

kim147 Thu 21-Mar-13 14:39:55

My Dad said that I had nothing to worry about from the media when I came out. And he's a Daily Mail reader.

" Why should they be forced to deal with the news that a male teacher they have always known as Mr Upton will henceforth be a woman called Miss Meadows? Anyway, why not Miss Upton?"

I have a 6yo. I don't think he'd be more or less upset about this than a teacher leaving and a new one starting. Everything is new and strange at that age. Oh and does rjy write a column every time someone changes their name in the country in a way he doesn't agree with? Must be a busy little bigot.

MarmaladeTwatkins Thu 21-Mar-13 14:43:08

Why do Littlejohn and that scuzzy dad Wayne and their ilk insist that their bigotry stems from "concern" for the children who cannot understand? Children are the least bigoted and most accepting, if we let them be. They are born without prejudice. I've had to tell DS when he was 4 about the existance of TG people because we have a lady in our village who is TG. I just thought it was better to explain than have him going "Muuuuuuuummyyyy why is that lady got a moustache?" every time we bumped into her. And he has NEVER mentioned it since. He isn'tin frigging turmoil because he knows that men live as women.

No, the faux concern for the kiddies is really to hide the fact that theydon't have much truck with that type of person. If this was the 1970's, tehy'd probably just come out and say "It's DISGUSTING and NOT NATURAL" but they can't now because they know that people won't stand for such biggoted outbursts. So they thinly veil it as concern for the kids. That holds about as much water as a sieve, tbpfh.

" Why should they be forced to deal with the news that a male teacher they have always known as Mr Upton will henceforth be a woman called Miss Meadows? Anyway, why not Miss Upton?"

I have a 6yo. I don't think he'd be more or less upset about this than a teacher leaving and a new one starting. Everything is new and strange at that age. Oh and does rjy write a column every time someone changes their name in the country in a way he doesn't agree with? Must be a busy little bigot.

I am shock at those snippets of the article!!!

What a nasty nasty selfish vindictive man to write such blatant ignorant shite!!!

Like he's really thinking of the kids. He's just airing his opinion. And what a hateful opinion it is!

Fluffymonster Thu 21-Mar-13 14:45:00

It's far more damaging for the children to learn that their nice teacher ended up killing herself because she wasn't allowed to live her life peacefully, in simply being true to herself.

How are you supposed to teach children tolerance and diversity, and courage to be themselves, if even adults get such a hard time, that they can't carry on?

It's narrow-minded, fearful bigotry that children need protecting from, not popular trans teachers doing a decent job.

RIP Lucy - I'm teaching my 5 and 3yo girls tolerance, acceptance of diversity and the courage to stand apart from the crowd. They will NOT grow up expressing the same ignorance Lucy encountered - I promise you.

everlong Thu 21-Mar-13 14:46:52

Good post MT.

I just hope that Littlejohn feels some kind of remorse, guilt, shame for what he's done. But I doubt it.

everlong Thu 21-Mar-13 14:49:31

With the right support and understanding those children would have happily accepted their new teacher.

Now they have to get their young heads around her committing suicide. That makes me so frigging sad.

I know what I'd rather my child have to deal with.

WilsonFrickett Thu 21-Mar-13 14:49:42

FFS, that poor woman. Hounded to her death by fear and ignorance. sad sad sad. Doubly awful because the school was so brilliant too.

RIP Lucy

MarmaladeTwatkins Thu 21-Mar-13 14:50:17

Oh, he won't. His sort never do. They just live under the illusion that they're right and the rest of us are all namby-pamby lefties not living in the real world.

I just resent him using children as a shield to get away with spewing such hate from that fat, toady gob of his.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now