Transsexual teacher commits suicide

(227 Posts)
kim147 Thu 21-Mar-13 13:48:09

A teacher who came out as transsexual and was treated to a horrible article in the DM by Richard Littlejohn has committed suicide. Despite support from the school, she received loads of hate mail.

That should have been me in the media but they never found out. I can't believe society.

RIP Lucy Meadows

MarmaladeTwatkins Thu 21-Mar-13 14:09:04

I actually HATE that man. He is vile, odious... I hope he gets a dry slap in the street.

RIP Lucy. Poor, poor woman and her family.

KaraStarbuckThrace Thu 21-Mar-13 14:09:29

Appalling sad That poor woman, so awful she was driven to take her own life.

Littlejohn should be seriously fucking ashamed of himself.

LandofTute Thu 21-Mar-13 14:11:35

Yes it is on the school website. sad

Yep. School sound as though thwyve done nothing wrong. I hope it's picked up soon, wonder what the dm's take on itbwill be.

SuburbanRhonda Thu 21-Mar-13 14:12:45

Yes, it is on Google, just found it.

And a link to the "Anglican Samizdat" blog (whatever the f**k that is), which says, "this isn't going to end well ... I fear Mr /Miss Upton is doomed."

Absolutely shameful behaviour, hope they are proud of themselves.

Fallenangle Thu 21-Mar-13 14:13:02

People who want to be vile and bigoted can't now acceptably be racist, sexist or anti gay, so transexuals are more or less all they have left.
I do now pity the poor children who have to deal with their teacher having committed suicide.

NotAsNiceAsMyMum Thu 21-Mar-13 14:13:35

Most of the time I think the world is a lovely place.
And then a read shit like this and realise that I'm just living in a bubble of niceness and the world is actually still full of hateful bigotted arseholes.

sad

OhChristHasRisenFENTON Thu 21-Mar-13 14:14:06

Poor woman. sad RIP Lucy.

What a vile creature he is.

Fallenangle Thu 21-Mar-13 14:14:22

To clarify pitying the children is not a criticism of Lucy but of the bigots.

OhChristHasRisenFENTON Thu 21-Mar-13 14:16:22

It looks like they pulled the article, - it keeps linking to some article about JS confused

or is it just me?

I read it, still have it open

Shoppinglist Thu 21-Mar-13 14:19:00

I think they've pulled it. Take a screenshot. The vile idiots.

No it is still there, now she is dead it may as well remain, I hope theyre not allowed to pull it.

SuburbanRhonda Thu 21-Mar-13 14:19:53

Do you have a link?

[[ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2250555/Shock-CofE-school-Mr-Upton-return-Christmas-Miss-Meadows.html here]]
Huge apologies for the dail mail. Not the link, I'm just sorry it exists

PetiteRaleuse Thu 21-Mar-13 14:20:32

They've pulled it.

Pootles2010 Thu 21-Mar-13 14:21:02

They've pulled it. Look at the top of the JS article - amended at 1400 hours today.

The other piece is their 'news' article rather than LittleJohn's rant.

Shoppinglist Thu 21-Mar-13 14:21:05

No there was another comment by littlejohn but they have pulled it.

kim147 Thu 21-Mar-13 14:21:24

The article was the subject of a PCC complaint by Lucy. I have to say that schools where I work have been really good as have the pupils I work with.

Fluffymonster Thu 21-Mar-13 14:21:39

kim147 Yes sorry - found it all now, bit slow on pc. It's just awful. Tearing up thinking about how bad it must've been to kill herself only a few months into the year.

kim147 Thu 21-Mar-13 14:21:55

No - Littlejohn did a whole comment piece about it just to make his point.

Ah so there was a rant tio I did wonder. What did it say. It should stay up. Has anyone got it?

adeucalione Thu 21-Mar-13 14:22:16

I haven't seen the Littlejohn article, but remember there being lots of media interest at the time, locally and nationally, and most had negative quotes from parents who had children at the school. I assume, from what's been said here, that the Mail article was significantly worse than the others. However, I think it is a bit crass to presume to link one particular journalist with her decision to commit suicide. Personally I would have thought that daily contact with closed-minded parents would have been more of a factor.

kim147 Thu 21-Mar-13 14:23:03

Bastards and hypocrites - they've pulled the article. I know that people have the original one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now