I won't let my children play with friends I deem beneath them

(130 Posts)
Millais Thu 21-Feb-13 00:20:36

I know it is in the DM - can't go to bed yet and needing to stay awake.
www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2281959/I-wont-let-children-play-friends-I-deem-beneath--thats-caring-mothers-Apprentice-star-admits-targets-playmates-good-influence.html

Surely this must be a joke- how can she or her children face their classmates on Monday?

PolkadotCircus Thu 21-Feb-13 08:33:54

Wonder how much she got paid to do it,making your kids lives difficult for a few ££££££-nice.

fancyanother Thu 21-Feb-13 08:34:06

Yes strange abut the names she chose for her children- Max- Not Maximillian? Just Max? Surely a derivation? Poppy? India? I quite like them, but I'm not an inveterate snob about other peoples name choices- If I was, I would say Poppy- a bit girly and India? Hardly classic! She seems to have failed to mention her 'nanny' or her husband either- maybe perhaps her tactic of snaring wealthy married men by having an affair and getting pregnant hasn't paid off (again?) God, more pointless articles to pay the odious womans bills!

PoppadomPreach Thu 21-Feb-13 08:34:33

Catsmother - I was thinking Katie Hopkins but typing Katie Price! But I suspect Katie Price has a lot more business acumen than Katie Hopkins - Katie H just seems so desperate to be controversial. And the fact she has to continually publish these articles I think says a lot about her lack of success at doing business.

iwantanafternoonnap Thu 21-Feb-13 08:37:52

Isn't she the woman that bleated on about money? Something to do with her husband earning not sure now brain too tired after night shift.

She is vile and someone I would not want my child near but would let her kids come to my house for some normality grin

I had people when I was a kid steer their child away from being friends with me because my dad was a drunk, lived in a council house and my mum was a cleaner. I had great fun when I saw one of those snotty mothers in town and they asked what I had been up to since school, knowing that her daughter got pregnant at 17-18 (not judging that by the way!) 'oh you know not much I joined the Navy from school and was one of the first women at sea, travelled round the world by myself when I left and I am about to start my nurse training at one of the top 10 Unis in the country' She had a face like a smacked arse especially when I asked how her daughter was grin

Can't stand people who look down on others because of their clothes, parents jobs etc.

eminemmerdale Thu 21-Feb-13 08:38:18

I wish my children were at her childrens school - they have the right names. <sigh>

eminemmerdale Thu 21-Feb-13 08:40:07

I have to admit my mother still judges my childrens friends by where they live. dd went to see a friend who had left her school and moved to the other side of town - they are visiting academics so renting for a year. When i told my mum the name of the street she was appalled 'what on earth type people are they??' she wailed. It's hideous.

prettybird Thu 21-Feb-13 08:43:52

I thought we were trying not to mention her name on this thread so that we wouldn't stoke her obsession with publicity. hmmgrin

Yes, she will be Hatie Kopkins from now on pretty.

IAmLouisWalsh Thu 21-Feb-13 08:48:39

Silly fucking cow

leaharrison11 Thu 21-Feb-13 08:51:53

How horrible, children are innocent i was brought up with tea parties in my mums tiny two up two down because she couldn't afford a "skanky" leisure centre, and i left school with A's , hate the class system and those kids will rebel at teens im waiting for her article then, silly superficial woman

Moominsarehippos Thu 21-Feb-13 08:52:08

I feel sorry for her. Maybe she has AS and thinks she's just saying the truth? She really must be in her own little bubble most of the time.

Oh dear, she's setting these children up for a lot of unhappiness.

Cantbelieveitsnotbutter Thu 21-Feb-13 09:06:49

I cannot wait until they are teenagers!!!

poozlepants Thu 21-Feb-13 09:37:53

If Charmaine was actually real her mother would deserve a medal for inviting Hopkin's kids to a party. Shows far better manners than Hopkins herself.

The DM have two real cash cows here in the shape of Hopkins and Sibary. Two women who are prepared to repeatedly pimp out their kids lives in the Daily Mail writing inflammatory rubbish. Eventually the kids will end up writing about their narc mothers and years of therapy. And on and and on.

pictish Thu 21-Feb-13 09:42:36

Dearie me - what a thoroughly unpleasant article.

limitedperiodonly Thu 21-Feb-13 09:58:03

My childhood dream was to be called Charmaine.

Now I realise it acts as a twat forcefield it's even more appealing.

expatinscotland Thu 21-Feb-13 10:02:20

Poor kids.

VincenzaOfSaragossa Thu 21-Feb-13 10:08:58

I'm laughing at the DM comments on this piece. They all think the other children are real (no, folks, there's no "Charmaine" in Poppy's class), and that the mother normally lets her children stand on the furniture in their shoes (um, it's for a photo shoot. Normal rules suspended and all that...).

I do think her argument falls apart a bit once she reveals that her children are at a state primary. It would have been more compelling if she'd gone private to avoid "Charmaine" et al.

RaspberrySchnapps Thu 21-Feb-13 10:09:05

What an utter dickhead this woman is. Thank you for putting her smugly mug on my screen on an otherwise lovely morning.

poor matchy matchy children. Do you think when they rebel at 14 and start shagging/stoning/tattooing she will be writing about that in her pointless column for the Daily Fail?

nipersvest Thu 21-Feb-13 10:12:11

i don't read articles written by people i deem beneath me wink

Chubfuddler Thu 21-Feb-13 10:12:20

She's clearly desperate for her children to do well at primary so they pass 11+ or get a scholarship/bursary as she desperately wants them to go private but she can't afford it.

<head tilt>
<fake meoux of sympathy>

AnnIonicIsoTronic Thu 21-Feb-13 10:20:11

I don't think the photographer liked them. What an unflattering sub-Boden pastiche of a photoshoot!

orangeandlemons Thu 21-Feb-13 10:25:37

What a cow! And ha ha at the girls dresses. Someone bought my dd one of these from Debenhams. I was a bit hmm about the dress, as I thought it looked ...well....trashy ( or common as my dm would have said!)

runningforthebusinheels Thu 21-Feb-13 10:29:23

Silly woman. Don't give her the attention.

I haven`t read the article but saw the headline, but I thought straight away, how could her children have received party invitations unless they were friends and played with them anyway?

But the woman is a total tool anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now