I won't let my children play with friends I deem beneath them

(130 Posts)
Millais Thu 21-Feb-13 00:20:36

I know it is in the DM - can't go to bed yet and needing to stay awake.
www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2281959/I-wont-let-children-play-friends-I-deem-beneath--thats-caring-mothers-Apprentice-star-admits-targets-playmates-good-influence.html

Surely this must be a joke- how can she or her children face their classmates on Monday?

MirandaWest Thu 21-Feb-13 08:05:01

She's nuts isn't she? I am enjoying wondering where we would fit on her scale - DC who are reasonably clever, have Victorian and biblical names, go to swimming and brownies/cubs and have music lessons at school but are on the messy side, we have various electronic gadgets and DD not only wears leggings but she wears jeggings shock. I think she's a single parent(?) so we'd presumably be OK there.
My children have been known to google my name - hope hers don't.

Sparklingbrook Thu 21-Feb-13 08:05:16

She's bonkers isn't she?

PolkadotCircus Thu 21-Feb-13 08:07:24

It's scary though.You assume all parents raise kids trying to instil good values but clearly some don't-tis a tough old world out there.sad

Starting to wonder if my dc are a bit sheltered,you don't get anything like that at our school.

usualsuspect Thu 21-Feb-13 08:07:33

Articles like these are just another way of trolling

PolkadotCircus Thu 21-Feb-13 08:08:06

Sparkling grin grin grin

Oh and yuck!

imnotmymum Thu 21-Feb-13 08:09:30

Do none of you think friends influence children? There are certain kids that I discourage my children to associate with [runs of and hides and makes a banner saying bad, bad Mother]

PolkadotCircus Thu 21-Feb-13 08:11:11

Miranda we have a pair of jeggings too-they are turquoise though....

Sparklingbrook Thu 21-Feb-13 08:11:12

No. I let my DC choose their friends. Neither has been led astray so far. You could maybe do it when they are younger if you wanted. But now at 11 and 13 it's up to them.

DomesticCEO Thu 21-Feb-13 08:12:48

Yes friends do influence your children and there are some kids I'd rather my kids kept away from but I wouldn't voice that to them or do anything about it.

For starters I may have judged them completely wrong!

But she lets them pur their feet on the upholstery...?shock Time for some pearl clutching.

Anyway, if she keeps dressing her kids in those awful matching outfits they'll probably be social outcasts anyway.

Sparklingbrook Thu 21-Feb-13 08:14:12

I am very shocked about the shoes on the sofa thing Makes. I don't know any parents that allow that.

dontwanttobefatandforty Thu 21-Feb-13 08:14:35

Did you also notice all the things under the sofas!

Lynned Thu 21-Feb-13 08:15:52

Well my dc would know not to put their shoes on the sofa, or has someone said that.?blush

Sparklingbrook Thu 21-Feb-13 08:17:35

Exactly Lynned or stand on it.

Plus all her kids look like tiny little shadows...actually no, I reckon Max is going to give her hell fairly soon, but those poor girls are well and truly under the thumb

PolkadotCircus Thu 21-Feb-13 08:24:04

I've never really done it, have had words if I hear of catty behaviour and told dd not to get involved.There is one friend my dd adores(tis mutual) who has a particularly shallow mum who quite frankly us up her own backside and with whom I have zero in common with.

I worried re said child treating dd well however 4 years on they're still very good friends and I firmly believe you can only guide and educate them in valuing decent qualities in people,the rest is up to them.They like who they like and need to learn life lessons themselves.Once they get to secondary you have no control.I suspect this mother's dd's will end up hiding things from her eventually.sad

I speak as an ex teacher though who has seen parents try to artificially make friendships only for girls to befriend entirely different friends within the school gates.No where near as extreme as this though.

Think she's going to have a shock with the boy-boys all seem to knock about together.

catsmother Thu 21-Feb-13 08:24:58

Ha ha Poppadompreach, it's not Katie Price - it's the other repulsive Katie !!

Maybe the two horrid Katies can get their kids together for a playdate ?!

I dont envy Katie when she nexts goes into the playground! She is such a hypocritical bitch. I wonder what she will tell her children when they see the pictures of her and asking why Mummy was having sex in a field!!!hmm

Sparklingbrook Thu 21-Feb-13 08:28:30

I bet playdates at their house are a laugh a minute. sad

farmersdaughter Thu 21-Feb-13 08:28:34

Would love to her at the school gates this morning....{Awkward}

...just wait till you little darlings start dating!!!

badtemperedaldbitch Thu 21-Feb-13 08:29:01

Maybe she'll sack the cleaner!

landofsoapandglory Thu 21-Feb-13 08:29:25

I hope she comes back and writes a similar article about how wonderful rebellious they are when they are teenagers!

My DC have iPads and iPods and parties at soft play, but they didn't need tutors to get A*s and As in GCSEs, didn't stand on furniture with their shoes on or have ride on toys in the house!

TheSecondComing Thu 21-Feb-13 08:31:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

vile, thick woman. I hope Charmaine isn't her real name, and the details have been changed too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now