I won't let my children play with friends I deem beneath them

(130 Posts)
Millais Thu 21-Feb-13 00:20:36

I know it is in the DM - can't go to bed yet and needing to stay awake.
www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2281959/I-wont-let-children-play-friends-I-deem-beneath--thats-caring-mothers-Apprentice-star-admits-targets-playmates-good-influence.html

Surely this must be a joke- how can she or her children face their classmates on Monday?

Eskino Thu 21-Feb-13 03:38:44

I'm shock that someone actually had sex with her.

3 times!

Shanghaidiva Thu 21-Feb-13 03:50:54

I have similar rules - never let my kids play with children whose mothers romp naked in fields with married men wink

RhodaMorgenstern Thu 21-Feb-13 04:25:27

If her children are so impeccably brought up why are they wearing shoes on the sofa? Makes me feel anxious just looking at those photos.

SissySpacekAteMyHamster Thu 21-Feb-13 04:34:50

Get this thread deleted... don't give the stupid bint any more attention...

Those poor, poor children....

Chubfuddler Thu 21-Feb-13 04:46:04

children catch cleverness from their friends

I was always under the impression children caught cleverness from their mothers. Her bunch are in no danger there.

I think my children would make her head explode - private school (tick), single mother (BAD), forthcoming birthday party at skanky local soft play (BAD BAD).

Yamyoid Thu 21-Feb-13 05:02:26

Is there an elite, non-skanky soft play? Or does she just mean fun is banned. And 'catching clever' sounds like something only someone really stupid would say.
Urgh, horrid woman.
And put some leggings on your daughters, they look cold.

Tailtwister Thu 21-Feb-13 07:37:15

I'm just amazed she'll use her children as fodder for an article in a skanky newspaper. I wonder what the reaction at the school gates will be this morning.

catsmother Thu 21-Feb-13 07:41:30

My daughter has a 'classical' name. She loves school and regularly appoints herself extra 'projects' at home relating to topics she's covered at school - for the fun of it. Is a complete bookworm with reading age several years ahead of her actual age. Nothing but good school reports. Never late for school. Does 'suitable' activities such as Brownies and swimming lessons.

In short, exactly the 'right' sort of playmate hmm

But if she was at the same school as this revolting snob's kids and had caught her eye I'd be avoiding her like the plague. It's not her kids' fault but I'd be more worried about some of the mother's foul attitude, snobbery, intolerance, judementalness (is that a word ?), barking mad bintness, rubbing off on them and endaring my daughter as a result !

She really is absolutely revolting. And I bloody well hope she didn't get paid for that pile of self-satsified, self-indulgent tripe. Though she probably did.

catsmother Thu 21-Feb-13 07:42:02

endangering

At the risk of sounding snobbish, I also favour children who have good old-fashioned Victorian names such as George, Henry and Victoria

And yet her DDs are called Poppy and India hmm

TickleMyTitsTillFriday Thu 21-Feb-13 07:45:14

I'm not clicking that link, she would love it if I did!

Just what I was thinking dragon she really is a ridiculous women

aladdinsane Thu 21-Feb-13 07:47:47

I looked at the children and thought they were lounging around in their nightclothes
Little did I realise- they are obviously high achieving dresses!
I love the one holding the toy Dyson - going to be a cleaner then

Disclaimer- I don't think there is anything wrong with being a cleaner

MrsBucketxx Thu 21-Feb-13 07:50:30

she is clearly going to make her children social outcasts, if it bothers her that much she should pay to go private.

Moominsarehippos Thu 21-Feb-13 07:53:18

Where does one submit ones child's application form? Were skint but awfully well connected (abroad though). Does that count?

Her child/ren are going to be horribly bullied, aren't they?

Actually, I thought it was one of the mums of a child who went to DSs school! She was awful.

PolkadotCircus Thu 21-Feb-13 07:55:12

Pmsl just read this and live quite near.<Note to self stop reading The Daily Fail whilst in bed waiting for the kids to wake up.>

I honestly thought it was a joke.

Those poor children.sadHow on earth are they going to get on in life later and what horrible values to teach your children.Good luck with the school run Monday morning.grin

My dd is a spirited(2 brothers)true individual leggings wearer with an amazing imagination Kate would run a mile from.Sometimes late due to hairbrushing wars/ disorganised mummy,we have iPods and the like however no need for tutors here,all v bright kids doing well who pick their own friends which they are doing a fantastic job with.Have trained them to be friendly and kind to all to value qualities such as kindness and loyalty,develop their own style and interests.

Wonder which kids will get on in life better.The ones who can find true friends for themselves,embrace their own style or those used to mummy picking friends unable to find gold in people.<Note to Kate the type of friend you want at 3am when you feel rock bottom ain't a vapid sap with neat handwriting.>

PoppadomPreach Thu 21-Feb-13 07:55:19

By starting an OP like this, you have played into the hands of the DM and Katie Hopkins. Just like the Samantha Brick diatribe, this is a calculating article designed totally to enrage the reader. We are now talking about it (yes, I realise I am too) and clicking on their website - increasing their advertising revenue and therefore prompting Katie Price to expose us to even more shite.

Seriously, the best thing we can do is simple ignore, every single time, and not publicise this meaningless claptrap written by a desperate wannabe.

When people have no talent, they have to use the shock factor to get attention. This is exactly what Katie Price is doing. There is very, very little substance beneath that smug exterior.

MercedesKing Thu 21-Feb-13 07:56:17

Vile!! Do not agree with her totally. she is so short-sighted and selfish to educate her children!!

Sparklingbrook Thu 21-Feb-13 07:56:47

I am with Shang. I don't think my DC should mix with children whose Mum gets papped topless in a field with someone else's husband.

I don't believe a word of anything she writes, Charmaine doesn't exist. In fact I am not sure KH exists. It's all rubbish.

And she is the least photogenic person I have ever seen. grin

KenDoddsDadsDog Thu 21-Feb-13 07:57:40

I just love the fact she can't afford to go private !

Sparklingbrook Thu 21-Feb-13 07:58:44

She is the sort of parent that allows their child to stand on the furniture with their shoes on too. That's a no-no in this house.

crazycatlady82 Thu 21-Feb-13 07:59:30

My mother was a bit like that. The difficulty being she would regularly change her mind to who she did and didn't like.

She would be very criticising of a friend one day and then ask how they were getting on and when I am next seeing them the following month.

I never knew what was the 'right' answer so I would frequently lie about my friendships and shy away from making friends at all in case she disapproved.

I spent my late teenage years and early 20s questioning myself constantly and feeling I was never good enough. My friendships were dysfunctional because I didn't know how to get through 'difficult' patches in friendships without retreating from the friendship completely.

Resulting in no friends of my own attending my very small wedding (30 people). I felt my friends weren't good enough for my new husband (I should say he never said that but he didn't want to push the issue because I was so fragile) so, i again rejected everyone who was excited about my pending nuptials.

It s only in my late 20s/early 30s with huge support from my husband and therapy that I have been able to develop a very close nit group of close friends - each and every one are worth their weight in gold!

I feel there is no good for the children that can come from a parent choosing their friends.

Children are quite capable enough to choose who they do and don't like and should always be encouraged to have self confidence in all their relationships.

Just my thoughts...

Timetoask Thu 21-Feb-13 08:00:20

I wonder what reception she will get at the school gate this morning? I hope her children are not ostracised because of this article, the other parents will be fuming.

Sparklingbrook Thu 21-Feb-13 08:01:49

Does she even go to the school gate?

Timetoask Thu 21-Feb-13 08:03:37

At some point she'll need to step foot at the school.... (cos she's such a good mum you see)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now