20 years today since James Bulger was killed.

(17 Posts)
kimorama Tue 19-Feb-13 11:30:50

Yes little Jamies dad did a recent interview on BBC Radio 4. It was very painful to listen to. The poor man will never stop suffering

Emilythornesbff Sat 16-Feb-13 09:05:38

Heartbreaking. RIP little one.
I wish I had some way of easing his parents' pain.
I was 21 at the time and I often think of him and his family. It always moves me to tears.

Saw the interview with Ralph on This Morning earlier. Heartbreaking. My thoughts are with you all x

I was talking to my 13 yo DS about this today.

And it brought back all the press coverage of the boys in Doncaster sad

My DS was about 10yo when the Doncaster story was in the press. We were walking through the park. He had a bandage unravelling from his arm that was blowing in front of him.
"Look Mum, I've got an invisible dog" DS laughed.

It almost made me burst into tears. My DS had an invisible dog. Those boys nearly killed 3 other boys.
And the Venables/Thompson boys killed a toddler.
Brought it all home in hideous clarity. sad angry

damppatchnot Tue 12-Feb-13 20:38:49

It's a terrible terrible tragedy and those boys may think they have got away with it now they are free but the devil will take them when they die and there suffering will last forever

armagh Tue 12-Feb-13 19:03:50

My thoughts are with the Bolgers. Why do people have to suffer such grief. That poor little lad. Those awful boys. Words fail me. James had no human rights!

Sparklingbrook Tue 12-Feb-13 18:59:55

Blue it was awful. Terrible line of questioning from someone who albeit in very different circumstances has lost a child.

Bluemonkeyspots Tue 12-Feb-13 18:58:44

They had Gloria huniford doing a interview like that shock

I dread to think what she was like

Inseywinseyupthespout Tue 12-Feb-13 18:58:06

I was weeping watching the mother of James today . Such a strong and admirable woman .

Makes me sick thinking of what poor little James went through whilst they were torturing him . I could never get over my little boy crying for me and not being there to protect him .

James's mother is such a strong lady . RIP James . Nobody can hurt you now . Xx

damppatchnot Tue 12-Feb-13 18:46:34

God bless James

I cannot imagine how life must have been for his parents

hmm

Sparklingbrook Tue 12-Feb-13 18:45:39

I hope nobody had the misfortune to watch Gloria Hunniford's interview with Ralph on This Morning. Very uncomfortable viewing. sad

I don't know how the parents can find peace? How could you if that had happened. Unimaginable.

I heard Ralph Bulger this morning too.

He says he is a simple uneducated man, but I've never heard anybody speak about pain, loss and frustration as movingly as he did. At times it was unbearable to listen.

My heart goes out to the Bulger family.

justasecond Tue 12-Feb-13 13:54:16

This story always moves me to tears, especially now I have a ds the same age. Those poor parents, I hope they find peace and may dear little James RIP.

Figgygal Tue 12-Feb-13 12:58:55

I was 12 when this happened it is the first news story i really remember and now i am a parent it makes me anxious for my little boy whenever i think of it.

I hope they get through this together.

HighBrows Tue 12-Feb-13 10:05:40

I just logged on to post about this. Jamie's father was on radio 4 this morning, I think it's repeated around 9.30pm tonight. My heart still breaks for this family. The father is still stuck in 1993. I literally wept listening.

My thoughts are with all the family today and I truly hope they find peace.

tribpot Tue 12-Feb-13 07:59:24

A very sad day. Thoughts and sympathies to his family.

Bluemonkeyspots Tue 12-Feb-13 07:53:49

Can't believe it has been so long, I was only 10 but still remember it so clearly.

Thoughts are with his family today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now