I don't know what's worse - stopping girls getting an education or stopping a vaccination programme

(10 Posts)
OliviaPeaceOnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 03-Jan-13 00:17:07

Hi there
We'll move this to our news topic

Moominsarehippos Wed 02-Jan-13 23:41:41

I am not a violent person. But if their wives did their duty as human beings the world would be a better please. He who lives by the sword, etc (and the buggers have to sleep sometimes).

What pisses me off is that should their own child contract polio, it would either be the fault of their wife, or Gods Will - not their own doing.

mrsjay Wed 02-Jan-13 23:38:17

It's as if these men want their own people to suffer and live in fear.

that is exactly what they want, sad

Moominsarehippos Wed 02-Jan-13 23:35:51

A new generation of kids with Polio - a preventible disease. It's as if these men want their own people to suffer and live in fear.

HollyBerryBush Wed 02-Jan-13 23:33:22

I don't know what's worse - stopping girls getting an education or stopping a vaccination programme

being dead is worse

Moominsarehippos Wed 02-Jan-13 23:31:27

Because apparently education/careers for girls is a 'western aspiration', and polio vaccines are dastardly weapons fron the west to infect muslims (not sure what with).

I hope these 'men' burn in hell. They are condeming their own people to illness, poverty and a life of fear.

mrsjay Wed 02-Jan-13 23:25:24

oh ok you realised, they will move it for you

mrsjay Wed 02-Jan-13 23:24:58

they were targetted because allegedly they taught girls and had female teachers by the pakistani taliban, it is dreadful , please ask for this to be moved else where of course yanbu

kim147 Wed 02-Jan-13 23:22:39

This should be in chat. Sorry. Awful news.

kim147 Wed 02-Jan-13 23:20:27

Awful story.

6 women teachers and a nurse shot dead by the Taliban in Pakistan.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20891300

They're not sure why they were targeted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now