Exposure, newsnight ect Part 3

(604 Posts)
AnyaKnowIt Thu 06-Dec-12 12:57:29

Other thread getting full

Mrcrumpswife Thu 17-Jan-13 22:03:32

I've just switched over. Give me a clue!

AnyaKnowIt Thu 17-Jan-13 22:05:03

Mp's peado ring from 80's.

Should be next item

AnyaKnowIt Thu 17-Jan-13 22:07:51
Mrcrumpswife Thu 17-Jan-13 22:12:22

Whoooo Hoooooo!! Its a start

AnyaKnowIt Thu 17-Jan-13 22:13:06

Now a criminal investigation

boschy Fri 18-Jan-13 08:24:02

That really is a start... let's hope that something comes of it

Lockedout434 Sat 19-Jan-13 06:20:24

Looking at other stuff interesting article on Broxtowe

archive.catholicherald.co.uk/article/14th-may-1993/7/why-are-more-social-workers-claiming-to-uncover-th

Looked up the Broxtowe case and got this really interesting article. In summary the detective doesn't believe it was satanic just a in serous family but that the revelations had a far reaching effect on others and has fed into a satanic copy cat world.
Interesting bit about leads though

That there are Satanists is not in doubt, in fact Superintendent Coles regularly receives a newsletter from Satanists in Leeds.

Lockedout434 Sat 19-Jan-13 06:28:56

Then looking at Manchester angle for the early days of savile and got this

www.manchesterbeat.com/venues/manchester_cbd/plaza/plaza.php
I remember going to the Plaza in the early sixties and seeing Dave Lee Travis, but I also remember another dj called Mike Dee Little who was the better of the two.

Also saw Jimmy Savile at Heaven and Hell.
We used to go to Tommy Ducks before the clubs as the Plaza was teatotal.
I didn't know dlt and savile knew each other for that long.

Tommy ducks was a pub. It got knocked down over night by sneaky contractors to great horror of most manc. He did however have women's knickers pinned to the ceiling. Hundreds of them. Ewwe overtime they must have been nicotine stained rags. I don't think they were ever washed.
I remember someone random passing saying give us your knickers and I will pin them up.
Needless to say mine stayed unpinned.

Lockedout434 Sat 19-Jan-13 06:39:11

Which brought me to this
Heaven and hell where savile di

The www.manchesterbeat.com/venues/manchester_cbd/heavenhell/heavenhell.php

Heaven and Hell Beat Club. Wow! What a dive that was! It was situated next to Chorlton Street bus station and is now a car park. It was an old office building and was on two levels - heaven on the ground floor and hell down below (natugrally enough). I used to go to school in Rusholme and passed the club everyday going to and from school as I caught my second bus from the bus station.
I saw it first being decorated and asked if I could join (still in my school uniform, of course). I think membership was about 2/6. I went later the same week with my friend Graham Hunt who was surprised to see his old pal Dave Smithies working there and dishing out bacon butties. Like most of the clubs at the time, it wasn't licensed. The first record I heard played there was Little Richard, Bamalama Bamaloo. To me the sound system sounded incredible after my own Dansette. The manager told me it has cost thousands.
Downstairs was furnished with double seats which originated from double decker buses and legend had it that much strange behaviour took place there. It was also mentioned in the Houses of Commons when there was an outcry against the clubs of Manchester - I can't quite remember why. I am fairly sure it became a hangout for the Dosser movement (`I'm on the road') and was pretty much dispised by Mods at the time.
Bob Cummings

My God - I'd completely forgotten the Heaven & Hell club. How on earth could anyone forget such a God-forsaken "dive" as that. You always had to have a good scrub when you got home, just so you'd feel clean again. Yet we actually handed over money to go in!!! We must have been nuts. I'm shuddering here as I type just thinking about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joanie Thompson
2/12/10

I used to hitch-hike from Nottingham the Manchester to go to the heaven and hell club , I remember laying on the floor snogging girls Poping pills and listening to loud music all through the night , to us it was an amazing place , frightening to think that we didn't have a clue what the pills was we was taking , it was a bit of a dump but I loved it ....

Lockedout434 Sat 19-Jan-13 06:41:24

Also random searching brought up lord carrington surely be should know stuff. He has been in government for an age

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Carington,_6th_Baron_Carrington

Lockedout434 Sat 19-Jan-13 06:45:36

www.manchesterbeat.com/djs/rayteret/rayteret.php

info courtesy Jon Myer's excellent Pirate Radio Hall of Fame www.offshoreradio.co.uk

Ray Teret had worked as a waiter at the Ritz Ballroom before landing a job with pirate radio station Radio Caroline.

Writing in Monitor magazine some twenty years later, Ray owned up to be being somewhat economical with the truth at his Caroline audition: “I said I'd worked in a Mecca dance hall for two years. I didn't lie to them. They never asked me if I'd played (any) records!”

From waiter to broadcaster in one jump, he joined Radio Caroline North in August 1965, using his mother's nick-name for him on the air.

He became known as “Ugli” Ray Teret. His theme tune was Jungle Fever by The Tornados but he also used The Ugly Bug Ball by Burl Ives.

Ray has since been heard on both the BBC and commercial stations, notably Manchester's Piccadilly Radio and Signal Radio in Stoke on Trent.

Ray has been involved in songwriting for many Manchester bands, including the Toggery Five.

Lockedout434 Sat 19-Jan-13 06:54:51

Dave eager

Dave was the DJ at many major venues including New Century Hall and Belle Vue Top Ten Club, although his background included a spell with The Renegades, from Wrexham, North Wales - which eventually became Dave Eager & The Beavers.

Working as disc-jockey and assistant to Sir Jimmy Savile OBE for many years, Dave presented numerous BBC Radio One Programmes including : The Breakfast Show, Speakeasy, Radio One Clubs, BBC local radio and The Millennium Tynwald for Manx Radio, Isle Of Man.

In the seventies Dave compered two nationwide tours of the "Bay City Rollers" and counted Marc Bolan, Elton John and David Bowie amongst his friends. As presenter of Tyne Tees Television "The Geordie Scene" Dave worked with all the leading seventies pop artistes.

More recently Dave has produced several popular country music albums including "50 Shades Of Country".

As well as numerous summer season gigs, Dave's TV audience warm-up work credits include: "Catchphrase", "Today's the Day", "Wheel of Fortune", "Style Challenge", "Blockbusters", "Carlton Live", and ITV's live "Jonathan Dimbleby - Ask the Prime Minster".

Dave's production credits include coordinator for "Coxon's Kitchen College"(1999), "Here's One I Made Earlier" (1997/8), "Stars in Their Eyes" (1991) and "The Gong Show" (1988).

Dave continues to produce music and disc-jockeys regularly at north west UK Venues.

Memories

As well as being a member of sixties band The Travellers, I was also in a sixties band called The Phsycic.

We were the resident group on Sunday nights for a while on Jimmy Savile's Top Ten Club.

The gig ended when the Manager of the Elizabeth ballroom at which the event was staged had a heart attack. Unfortunately the new guy in charge had different ideas for the venue which didn't include the Top Ten Club.

If Dave Eager reads this , he was the resident D J at that time, I'd just like to say Hiya mate. Hope things are still going well at Equity.

Dave Brierley
12/8/10

Lockedout434 Sat 19-Jan-13 07:31:45

www.manchesterbeat.com/venues/manchester_cbd/beatcity/beatcity.php

Three coins

"I first met Jimmy Savile there when I played with the band Dave Eager and the Beavers. It was through that meeting that I became a disc-jockey.

Jimmy owned the club in partnership with Barry Collins. Jimmy used to bring all his "pals" down therep late on Saturday night...he turned up one night with The Stones.........."

Penny is my elder sister and I have memories of my father pacing the floor when Jimmy Saville dropped her off at home in the early hours. In the course of my own career in music, I later had the pleasure of meeting Jimmy Saville and learning the art of smoking cuban cigars from him. A great, great guy !

Another good thing about the Three Coins was that they presented some great jazz players including Don Rendell and the great Manchester trumpet player Bert Courtley (who died at the young age of 35) and George Melley of course. The 'All Night Jazz' featured on a Saturday night. Wonderful Days !!
In the 60s I played with a few of the local Manchester Soul Bands including the A-side (Ugli Ray Teret recorded us) and The Dreamweavers. Does anyone remember these groups - or play with them ?

I carried on in music to end up conducting and arranging music for the BBC and German Radio Orchestras - a far cry from those early days in the Manchester clubs. Anyone who remembers me (the skinny good looking trumpet player ..ha ha) can email me at greg@USOproductions.co.uk

Lockedout434 Sat 19-Jan-13 14:26:46

All those names have been questioned and you can see why. As for savile bring prolific in the 70 and 80's I am sure he was doing horrible things in the 60's he just was never caught.

ILoveOnionRings Sat 19-Jan-13 20:10:26

Never caught or victims ignored

Lockedout434 Sun 20-Jan-13 07:48:46

Just heard a trailer for 5 live investigates for why people give false allegations about sexual assault. !!!!!! It's for the compensation or because the think they are being helpful.

I do hope they do a counter argument as to why people don't go to the police due to thinking people no one will believe them due to programmed like 5live investigates. No I have t heard the programme just the trailer.

Lockedout434 Sun 20-Jan-13 08:27:35

Ooh i have triedto raise it on chat but everyone is ignoring me in chat

AnyaKnowIt Sun 20-Jan-13 11:57:20
Feenie Sun 20-Jan-13 12:14:28

Blimey. Is it all going to come out, at last? I really hope so.

they can still just name the dead as paedophiles and claim all the rest were just gay men seeking adult entertainment and play on people's fear of being seen as homophobic (or at least left wing papers) to prevent them pursuing it further.

i think ms moss was very wise to leak the info and ensure zillions of people had it on their hard drives and memory sticks before the police got hold of it. now that that info is firmly and irrevocably in the public realm they will have to be seen to do something even if it's just another whitewash and condemning of the conveniently dead.

we really do live in remarkable times now - it is far, far, far, far harder for them to hide their dirt. i'm aware that there is still a significant majority who rely entirely on the msm in print for their news and world view but they are surely ever shrinking.

johnhemming Sun 20-Jan-13 18:54:46

>Has anyone heard anything from John Hemming about Leah McGrath Goodman
yet? I have had a google and cant find any recent updates.
There should be an update soon.

AnyaKnowIt Sun 20-Jan-13 19:08:23

swallowed, is that information out on the internet?

yes

AnyaKnowIt Sun 20-Jan-13 19:24:05

shock

<goes off to google>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now