Blogs, Witch hunt and Savile hysteria

(4 Posts)
Bunglie Wed 14-Nov-12 09:51:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NicholasTeakozy Wed 14-Nov-12 12:30:24

Hi OP. I too have read much of the abuse suffered at the hands of Savile and others. My outrage and opprobrium is reserved for the abusers and those in authority (especially the police) who refused to believe the victims.

I choose to believe those who were abused.

morethanpotatoprints Fri 16-Nov-12 12:26:47

Hello OP.

I am so sorry that you are still suffering now with all the hateful comments people are saying.

Like Nicholas above, I am choosing to believe those who were abused. I am glad you finally have closure and would like to add we are not all the same, believing the sensationalist crap many journalists spout.
Good luck to you Bunglie, and thank you for having the courage to tell the world what this awful man was. It couldn't have been easy for you and I for one can't begin to imagine what you have been through. I think you deserve everybodies respect.

KRITIQ Fri 16-Nov-12 12:42:38

I believe you. I also know that yes, papers will often make up their own take on a story if someone refuses to talk to them. They recognise that most ordinary folks won't sue for libel so they'll get away with it. I'm so sorry that you've had to go through all this, from the original abuse, to coming out about it through the nasty, spiteful comments in the media and on the web.

Like Nicholas, I reserve my outrage for the abusers and those to contributed to an environment where they were allowed to continue that abuse unchecked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now