Exposure, newsnight etc discussion part 2

(996 Posts)
MrsjREwing Fri 09-Nov-12 19:05:59

Last thread full.

Steve has released a statement responding to Lord McAlpines statement.

AnyaKnowIt Sat 24-Nov-12 22:40:49

Lockedout - still no news on why you are locked out?

Lockedout434 Sat 24-Nov-12 22:52:13

Nope not a peep . I will have another go and see what heinous crime I have committed. Spelling probably .
The sex ring. Thing was first mooted by non other than the daily mail.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2213608/Was-sex-ring-inside-BBC-Jimmy-Saviles-Radio-1-colleague-procured-girls-him.html

AnyaKnowIt Sat 24-Nov-12 22:57:40

This is the only link to the front page I can find news.sky.com/

Can't find it on the mirror website

Lockedout434 Sat 24-Nov-12 23:03:44

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-11-10/news/30384749_1_mexican-girl-abortions-young-mother

Something I fell over whilst looking for something else. Weird that the emphasis is on abortion rather than SOMEONE RAPED A CHILD

Lockedout434 Sat 24-Nov-12 23:04:14
Lockedout434 Sat 24-Nov-12 23:07:32

Bloody hell good spot Anya

Lockedout434 Sun 25-Nov-12 04:47:38

As for the sack
It wasn't ok in the 70's my mum was born in the 1930's she would have been horrified. Everyone goes on about the swinging 60's and heady 70's. It was for a few but the majority the moral majority were on the Mary white house side of things.
Most adults in the 70's had lived through the 2nd ww.
It wasn't ok

just to say i'm still reading and relying on this thread for links - and thank you to those who are bothering to keep reading the msm and posting links here. i've gone back to work and therefore don't have as much time online so i do really appreciate it. have been massively impressed with people's knowledge and research skills smile

i'm working with young people again as part of my role - they are mainly 16-18 in the 'legal' category but very clearly children to any right minded adult! the idea of someone using my environment as a grooming ground is sickening. so is the thought that so many would say oh it's fine they're over 16 if a middle aged adult was shagging his way through them.

Lockedout434 Sun 25-Nov-12 09:45:22

Swallowedafly good luck on the return to work. I work full time and was completely knackered going back after mat leave. Especially after the 2nd.
If you get any chance to pop in do as I sometimes feel a bit in the wilderness.
You can tell by my posting habits that only post when I can usually at mad hours.

Good luck keep safe and keep your eye on the kids .
By god your brave a whole load of hormones who know everything!!!!

it may be odd but i actually rather like young people. i used to be a teacher and hated the system and environment and politics and god awful senior management experiences but i liked the students - though i prefer the older teenagers - not so good with the younger ones.

i'm mostly checking in here late at night when i've got just enough energy to read but find i'm too pooped to post. i generally do not read the msm so rely on others linking stuff from it. mainstream news just makes me cross with it's blatant bias and agendas and the tories getting in was the last straw for me as i could just imagine the years of spin and the create hate rhetoric that would dominate and that was when i finally turned off the tv and stopped reading newspapers.

MrsjREwing Sun 25-Nov-12 10:46:07

Good luck with work.

Lockedout434 Sun 25-Nov-12 12:06:40

Its not odd at all liking young people it's normal.
Have fun, at least you will be in with the trends and music.
It will keep you young

NigellasGuest Sun 25-Nov-12 12:49:30

I work with the 0-5 age group but often think about working with age 13+, although the retraining would probably be extensive and as swallow says, the system is a nightmare (I can well believe she's correct on this because it's bad enough in Early Years!)

if you have a degree you could do whatever they're calling the Graduate Teacher Programme now and be paid to work in school whilst you do it. my sister considered it a while back.

kudos for doing the little ones - hard enough with one pulling on your clothes needing things ime.

NigellasGuest Sun 25-Nov-12 13:12:34

yes I have a degree but don't think I'll be retraining now. Would not want to be a full-on teacher anyway -
Maybe at some point when I have more time and more means, I will do volunteer work of some type with teenagers. I part own the nursery so don't go in all the time anyway.

Mrcrumpswife Sun 25-Nov-12 13:22:25
Mrcrumpswife Sun 25-Nov-12 13:35:29

Its reassuring to see the police chasing up leads or should i say not bothering.

www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/brave-jimmy-savile-victim-ignored-1456035

How weird is this world getting, if this was my children, i would be screaming for action. The church has to be the biggest front for perversion out of all of them. It doesnt seem to matter which part of the world, its universal.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2206008/Probe-launched-Polish-priest-gets-young-children-lick-whipped-cream-knee-creepy-school-initiation.html

Lockedout434 Sun 25-Nov-12 23:44:21

Hi all I am a member of 38 degrees the petition/lobbying site it started to save the forests from tory plans for privatisation and was shocked when it worked. I was thinking from mrsC link we have something concrete to campaign on. The site works by a member posting a snappy headline and a paragraph detailing the thing they want to campaign on. The one with the most votes gets considered. I can start a request for interest we could get the power of mumsnet to vote. I think you can join easily ( not sure mind). What do you think?
Or we could just get mumsnet people to send an email to their mp and make sure they vote.

They can find out who their MP is and their councillors and mep's by putting their post code. Tis a very handy thing.

What do you think?
Is it true the independent report or is it scaremongering.

Are their any professionals about who know anything of the detail?

Lockedout434 Sun 25-Nov-12 23:47:01

To link to find your MP is

www.writetothem.com/

This is the bit of the report from the independent

Government plans to decimate child-protection guidance will place children at increased risk of being preyed upon by paedophiles, according to 60 experts on child protection. Campaigners will meet with Department for Education (DfE) officials this week in an attempt to persuade them to ditch proposals to slash the guidance.
The planned changes – which will cut the "Working Together" guidance from some 700 pages to less than 70 – will "place the most vulnerable abused children at risk of serious harm", according to Liz Davies, an expert on child abuse based at London Metropolitan University.
A formal response to the Government's proposals, co-authored by Dr Davies, will be discussed at the meeting. It describes the plans as "seriously flawed and dangerous" and a "serious risk to vulnerable children". The revised DfE guidance, a draft of which was released earlier this year, is expected to be published next month.
Advice on investigating organised child abuse, and dealing with allegations against people working with children, would be scrapped under the proposals. Guidance on protecting "particularly vulnerable" children, and managing people posing a risk of harm to children would also be lost, warns the paper.

PrincessSymbian Sun 25-Nov-12 23:53:16

Assholes! Show me where to sign and I will.

Lockedout434 Mon 26-Nov-12 00:49:16

Do you know I have just looked Liz Davies, an expert on child abuse based at London Metropolitan University.

www.lizdavies.net/downloads/liz_davies_cvV3.doc

Shall we ask her directly if she wants a nest of vipers, a load of raddled hairy chinned mumsnetters to campaign??
I will ring her it will probably be Wednesday by the time I have free time during working hours as I will be in meeting for 2 days solid.

Lockedout434 Mon 26-Nov-12 00:52:07

We could email her. She appears to be a good egg.
lizdavies.tumblr.com/post/12421527543/imprisonment-of-stuart-syvret-in-jersey

IMPRISONMENT OF STUART SYVRET IN JERSEY

Stuart Syvret, former Senator in Jersey was jailed for ten weeks on Wednesday 2nd November 2011.

He has always supported the survivors in Jersey and has spent many years exposing the exploitation of children on the island. Messages of support should be sent to:

Stuart Syvret (K Wing)
HMP La Moye
Rue Baal
St Brelade
JE38HQ

Facebook
Tweet
Mail
November 6, 2011

Lockedout434 Mon 26-Nov-12 00:54:05

Sorry to post and run but small child is up

sigh

Lockedout434 Mon 26-Nov-12 13:31:11

www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/nov/25/ignorance-harming-efforts-tackle-paedophilia

Interesting I do hope it investigates and is academically sound and doesn't become get infiltrated by apologists.

i'm not finished reading that article but so far, grrr here we go with painting the public as reactionary imbeciles wielding pitch forks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now