Cowardly Taliban shoot girl activist

(64 Posts)
CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 10-Oct-12 07:43:10

Malala Yousufzai

A 14 year-old activist is shot by the cowardly men of the Taliban simply for campaigning for herself and other girls to be educated. Another PR coup for radical islam.

Startailoforangeandgold Mon 15-Oct-12 09:28:12

Sorry for the typos, I got interrupted and posted without proofing.

Frontpaw Mon 15-Oct-12 09:30:29

I often wonder about such 'men'. How do they treat their own mothers, sisters, wifes/wives and daughters? How would they feel, for example, if their sone were killed by well-meaning but uneducated and illiterate mothers, who maybe give wrong medecine when they are ill? Why are they so scared of women? The Koran implores men to cherish and protect its womenfolk (remembering it was written during times of lawlessness and tribal fightine). I suppose it also says, like the bible, let those who harm a child be thrown into the sea with a rock ariund their neck (not sure of the right words, but the sentiment is there).

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 15-Oct-12 16:51:31

"How do they treat their own mothers, sisters, wifes/wives and daughters? "

Badly.... They think nothing of beating, mutilating or killing women if they step out of line or have the misfortune to get raped. Has nothing to do with their religion and everything to do with being able to maintain a hold on power through brute force. Given recent events in Britain such as the terrible Shafilea Ahmed case, we are not immune from people holding the same barbaric views.

Frontpaw Mon 15-Oct-12 16:53:19

Sadly where culture is shitty like this and they back it up with 'God tells me to do it' there will never be progress. You can't argue or educate these people.

Frontpaw Mon 15-Oct-12 16:55:40

I was watching the Andrew Marr history progamme last night thinking 'what the hell happened?'.

Toombs Mon 15-Oct-12 17:33:58

How fearful these men in beards must be, how weak must be their god that it can be threatened by a 14 year old girls words. How strong and powerful does it make someone to try and murder a child?

EdithWeston Mon 15-Oct-12 19:59:46
ljny Mon 15-Oct-12 20:29:48

Such a courageous girl, such a rotten cowardly attack, like everyone I'm hoping so hard they can treat her successfully - she faces a long hard road, such a wonderful girl, with most of her life ahead of her. It's nothing to do with Islam. The Taliban are barbarians.

ripsishere Tue 16-Oct-12 03:53:59

So happy she has arrived in a first world country to continue her treatment.
I often tell DD when she is moaning, that she has no idea of how lucky she is to hold a British passport and have the opportunity of education.
Get well soon

mathanxiety Tue 16-Oct-12 03:57:36

I am surprised she's not in Belfast. They have lots of experience dealing with massive head injuries there.

ripsishere Tue 16-Oct-12 04:09:19

When I read about it on the BBC, Birmingham has a new trauma unit. I wonder if there were either insufficient beds in Belgast or if Birmingham is part of the place they take injured service personnel to?

LtEveDallas Tue 16-Oct-12 06:17:29

Rip, you are correct. The QE is linked to Selly Oak where injured soldiers go.

grimbletart Tue 16-Oct-12 12:44:05

More info as to why Malala was sent to Birmingham

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49420507/#.UH1H-4V4PmY

mathanxiety Tue 16-Oct-12 16:59:27

Pakistan needs to fish or cut bait. This shooting will be repeated. The extremists are nothing if not bold.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now