5 yr old girl "snatched" in Wales

(535 Posts)
mumblechum1 Tue 02-Oct-12 04:38:29

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19795761

Let's all keep our eyes peeled sad

joona Thu 04-Oct-12 19:09:32

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Houseworkprocrastinator Thu 04-Oct-12 19:20:56

I really hope that her poor mother never reads that joona.

Why even say it then joona?

I don't think the parents need judgemental comments - if she'd been taken 45 mins earlier would you have managed just to have posted a sympathetic comment?

A pink ribbon from me to show my support for the search for April and her family who must be going through hell.

joona Thu 04-Oct-12 19:34:17

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

madamim Thu 04-Oct-12 19:36:59

With reference to the vehicle, they informed the public that they were looking for a light coloured vehicle that was either similar to a van or a Landrover , Mark Bridger has a Landrover Discovery. The police also revealed that due to the door April entered the car it was most likely left hand drive, Mark Bridgers' Landrover Discovery is left hand drive.

missymoomoomee Thu 04-Oct-12 19:38:16

Whats that joona a lesson in perfect parenting?

I hate to burst your bubble but there is no such thing, every parent has been in a situation where something truely awful could have happened and its been through sheer luck it hasn't.

Aprils parents will be agonising over their choice that night every day of their lives they don't need judgmental comments from anyone else.

Growlithe Thu 04-Oct-12 20:18:34

madamim Thu 04-Oct-12 20:39:33

Just watching Sky News and feel quite chilled to the bone from what the Super has said 'We are working through the night to bring this investigation to a conclusion' I really hope that my feeling are wrong and April is found

madamim Thu 04-Oct-12 20:58:41

Just watching Sky News and feel quite chilled to the bone from what the Super has said 'We are working through the night to bring this investigation to a conclusion' I really hope that my feeling are wrong and April is found

I can't remember wanting anything so badly for someone I've never met.

I so want Coral Jones to be able to hold her little girl in her arms and tuck her up safe and warm in bed. Please let her be found alive, it's unbearable to think of any other outcome sad

madamim Thu 04-Oct-12 21:12:02

I do to IVP, I hope they get to cwtch each other again

Growlithe Thu 04-Oct-12 21:12:21

I know Invisible. I can't stop checking the news sites. I feel sick when I think of her. I just can't bear to try and imagine the pain Coral is going through. I also feel for the police and volunteers. Frustration at not finding anything, mixed with fear of what you may find. An awful job to do.

Stokey38 Thu 04-Oct-12 21:13:28

Joona Really, those sorts of comments are so unhelpful. The poor woman has had her daughter abducted. She obviously thought her daughter was safe. We have all made parenting decision, that with hindsight, may not have been the best but have not had to pay this horrendous price. Have some humanity.

MarthasHarbour Thu 04-Oct-12 21:27:46

'irresponsible' joona for crying out loud shock can you honestly say hand on heart that you have made completely responsible decisions for your son over the last 9 years. <hands joona a medal>

i keep hugging DS, he is 3. I was drying him after his bath tonight thinking Coral should be doing this with April. It is so bloody heartbreaking sad

chipmonkey Thu 04-Oct-12 22:17:38

The thing is, that poor Mum will already be blaming herself. And I know that for me and for other parents that I know, that you can be very PFB about your first child and wrap them in cotton wool. By the third, you give them a much freer reign than you gave your first!
I am missing a daughter too but my little one died of SIDS. Doctors, nurses, medical staff told me I did nothing wrong but I know what it's like to still blame yourself regardless.
And I can only imagine the panic and despair those poor parents are going through, not knowing where their child is and if she'll ever be found.

joona Thu 04-Oct-12 22:19:13

mellen Thu 04-Oct-12 22:25:17

Joona

Do you think that a child cant be abducted in daylight?

And this isnt really very much like the mccann case is it?

Tiredmumno1 Thu 04-Oct-12 22:30:11

I thought that some posters on another thread from the area actually said it was still light at the time April was taken.

Lcy Thu 04-Oct-12 22:33:20

It is still light at 7.30 in west Wales

scottishmummy Thu 04-Oct-12 22:33:56

it's unfortunate casting aspersions on the parents
they have done nothing wrong
save your consternation for the perpetrator

joona You cannot compare this to the mcann case as it is not at all the same.
I just hope April is found safe & returned to her parents.
They are going through enough

missymoomoomee Thu 04-Oct-12 22:53:58

joona I sincerely hope you are never in the position of having your parenting judged by one action. Aprils parents are going through absolute hell just now so to come onto a thread in a public forum to tell us what time you let your dc out until serves no purpose other than to try and make yourself look better and more responsible than you perceive them to be.

PickledFanjoCat Thu 04-Oct-12 23:00:51

It makes fuck all difference what time she was out until. whoever has taken her has taken an opportunity. It could have been lunchtime morning noon or bloody night.

The parents are not to blame, the bloody pedophile is.

Awful shite to come out with.

BoffinMum Thu 04-Oct-12 23:03:39

In suburban areas where kids play out together in groups, it is not unusual for 5 year olds to be out and about until about 7-8pm, tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now