5 yr old girl "snatched" in Wales

(535 Posts)
mumblechum1 Tue 02-Oct-12 04:38:29

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19795761

Let's all keep our eyes peeled sad

ThatVikRinA22 Tue 02-Oct-12 05:02:09

just heard this on the way home on the radio, how awful.
clicky link

mumblechum1 Tue 02-Oct-12 05:07:52

Thanks for the clickylink Vicar.

MrsSnaplegs Tue 02-Oct-12 05:35:34

I hope she is found safe sad

Chubfuddler Tue 02-Oct-12 05:58:32

Oh no how awful. It's one of those fears as a parent I try to be rational about because it is so rare, but it does happen sometimes. Poor child.

scottishmummy Tue 02-Oct-12 06:35:26

just seen on news
hope wee one found
every parent nightmare

NopofacehaveI Tue 02-Oct-12 06:36:26

Bumping this to keep it in active
Worst nightmare

Growlithe Tue 02-Oct-12 06:40:03

Praying for her safe return.

Hope she is found safe & wellsad

MOSagain Tue 02-Oct-12 08:29:04

very very sad. Read an article this morning that said she was out playing at 7.30pm. Surely not without an adult? It would have been pitch black surely?

SoggySummer Tue 02-Oct-12 08:32:22

There are a couple of threads in chat about this

RubixCube Tue 02-Oct-12 10:23:23

brought tears to my eyes.Poor little girl must be so scared.I really hope shes ok

daisydoodoo Tue 02-Oct-12 10:25:35

hope they find her safe and well.

Tweet2tweet Tue 02-Oct-12 11:45:33

I think that this is a heartbreaking story. I am praying that, that little girl is found and is kept safe until then. Don't judget the parents, they must feel so bad just now.

cazboldy Tue 02-Oct-12 12:05:33

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Fobwatch Tue 02-Oct-12 12:19:16

Cazboldy

1. 7pm is not late
2. She was not alone, was with friends
3. It is a tiny, friendly village
4. Would you rather her be inside, rather than getting fresh air and playing

Your post is really offensive, masquerading as compassion.

And for the record, what you are doing is called victim- blaming. Do you also think that women who wear high heels and skirts with splits "deserve" to be raped?

Fobwatch Tue 02-Oct-12 12:20:26

Parents who give their children appropriate freedom to live their lives really should be taught a lesson.

The individual in the white van you offer no opinion on?

cazboldy Tue 02-Oct-12 12:31:14

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MOSagain Tue 02-Oct-12 12:35:13

I don't think anyone on this thread was meaning to be offensive, I really do hope not.
Like Cazboldy, I had also picked up on the 7pm/7.30pm part. With respect, I do feel that is late (for a 5 year old) and it is dark then. Of course we don't know all the facts and cannot/should not judge but I know that my 5 year old would not be out at that time of night, with or without friends (whose ages we don't know)
Of course, the parents know this now and all we can do is pray that she is found safe

cazboldy Tue 02-Oct-12 12:36:38

MOSagain

absolutely agree smile

The real point here is that a 5 yo girl has gone missing.
We can all speculate but we don't know the full facts & lets not forget this was a tiny villiage not a town.
Whatever the wrongs or the rights a child is missing out there somewhere and her parents will be suffering enough without the finger pointing!

OhSoSimple Tue 02-Oct-12 13:08:08

fobwatch your post was very rude. It was only a matter of time before someone raised the fact that a 5 year old was out without close parental supervision at a time when most children of that age should be in bed with a story.
This is a "talk" forum and I am sure EVERYBODY wants a happy ending to this story, but questions are always asked in cases like

PoshPaula Tue 02-Oct-12 13:16:27

I agree with fobwatch.

Please don't talk about these parents 'learning a lesson'.

An abduction can happen in an instant.

I pray for the child's safe return and my thoughts are with her and her family.

OhSoSimple Tue 02-Oct-12 13:21:26

To be fair I think cazbody was saying that she hopes this all it turns out to be (a lesson learnt) as opposed to a different outcome. There was no malice in what was said, no one has said anything callous some mumsnetters just like to jump on things to stir it up.

peanutMD Tue 02-Oct-12 13:24:20

she was playing a few yards from her front door.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now