Bloody China does it again... I literally have no words...

(14 Posts)

www.infowars.com/man-crushed-by-road-flattening-truck-on-orders-of-chinese-officials/

Don't click on it if you have a weak stomach, it has actual pictures. I feel a bit sick.

Please share my outrage...

AGoldenOrange Wed 26-Sep-12 18:35:57

shock

Thanks. I told DH when he got home, and he thought I was telling some fictional tale based on the beginning of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy... He was expecting a punchline... Sadly not sad

TheCraicDealer Wed 26-Sep-12 18:58:22

Saw the pictures in the Daily Mail in another news source and to be honest I was glad they had pixelated them. Bloody awful.

bamboobutton Wed 26-Sep-12 19:04:12

<queasy>

lots of comments saying the pics are fake, i really hope they are.

Nancy66 Wed 26-Sep-12 19:09:49

are they definitely genuine?

Well it looks like they're real. TBH I'd prefer them not to be.

MrsTerrysChocolateOrange Thu 27-Sep-12 00:14:39

Does anyone know if there is a link to this story without the pictures? I really don't want to see them.

bamboobutton Thu 27-Sep-12 08:56:20

The story is, in a nutshell: farmer doesn't want to sell his land for a pittance to the Chinese government, who claim they own all land anyway. Farmer does a lie down protest in the road, a government official orders the driver of a huge road flattening machine to run him over, the driver does.

Lots people saying the total lack of blood suggests the pics are fake.

meditrina Thu 27-Sep-12 09:19:04

If the major media outlets start running this story, then we can be sure it's true. Until then, other possibilities remain: faked photos, terrible accident by chance (driver unaware he was there), terrible accident arising from a stand off (driver/officials thought he'd roll out of the way but didn't), or deliberate order. I hope this is properly investigated.

Nancy66 Thu 27-Sep-12 11:47:19

I've not seen the story anywhere apart from that one website. I imagine other outlets are not convinced. Have to say the pictures look fake to me.

claig Thu 27-Sep-12 18:05:46

The story is in the Daily Mail and the New York Daily News. Both seem to have taken it from that website. I haven't read full stories because I don't want to see the pictures. I hope it is fake.

susiedaisy Thu 27-Sep-12 18:13:42

Dear lord surely this can't be right, where's the outrage from governments and human rights groups!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now