Justin Lee Collins

(201 Posts)
GlibGlobGloo Wed 26-Sep-12 14:24:49

It just goes to show that you can't spot an abusive twat easily. Who'd have guessed?

story, sorry, Torygraph

Feckbox Thu 04-Oct-12 21:17:26

His ex wife has publicly stated she has never known him to be in the least violent.

Feckbox Thu 04-Oct-12 21:21:10

still think it's wise to say we believe you Anna

lighthousekeeping Thu 04-Oct-12 21:23:27

I wonder if he had groupies that he was like that to but was nice as pie at home? It would be unusual just to turn like that over night wouldnt it?

Valpollicella Thu 04-Oct-12 21:41:15

Yeah I do think it's still wise to say I believe her. There are witnesses to say her pushed her into the road. There is the recording of him verbally berating and abusing her.

Yes she may be volatile, but NOTHING in her past, or how she was whilst in a relationship with him should mean that what has allegedly happened shouldn't be taken on face value. As other as have said there is probaby far more evidence than we are privvy to. It wouldn't have got this far otherwise.

He is a victim blamer of the highest order. Along with all the other abusers. "I've never hit anyone in my life...." whilst admitting he did hit her. The implication becomes that she 'drove' him to it

I understand what you're saying scifigeek, and know that some addicts can be hugely manipulative - my brother is an addict, so I've seen it at first hand. But there's something about that transcript of the post pub conversation that goes beyond someone being provoked into anger - what he's saying isn't just from frustration or anger, it's controlling.

Agree with Valpolicella - she may be volatile, have a history of alcohol abuse etc, but the case wouldn't have got this far without evidence. Also it often seems to be the case that abusers are drawn to people who are vulnerable: vulnerable by age, IQ, history, past experience, addiction etc.

topknob Thu 04-Oct-12 22:18:33

I read earlier that she brought out the demon in him, says it all sad

owlelf Thu 04-Oct-12 22:20:48

I've never been in a position where I needed to stop someone self harming. I can't imagine though, why slapping someone in this situation would help in the least?

Why has JC said he slapped Anna twice to stop her self harming, as if it is justified in this situation?

catwomanlikesmeatballs Sat 06-Oct-12 14:28:06

She sounds like the type of manipulative, abusive person that brings out the worst in even the most passive of people tbh, I've known a few people like that, male and female and amazing how even the nicest people are 'abusers' with them, even if they run like hell before they are driven to doing or saying anything untoward. They are the abusers but manage to convince the world that it is their victims that are the problem.

His exes word suggests that he is the victim here. There is no way this man woke up one day at forty (or whatever age he is) and suddenly became a violent abuser, people always have history. His wife says he was lovely, kind and generous, after two kids and several years with the man, she would know.

It would be interesting to see what all of his exes say vs all of her exes. That's where the truth lies.

lighthousekeeping Sat 06-Oct-12 15:17:21

It would be interested if all his bits on the side came forward then we would know. She said Alan Carr was with them the night he pushed her onto the road. Is he taking to the stand. I went out with someone like that and he used to scream in my face right up close, always in public, another one who was semi famous, perfect wife and children, I don't think I could ever have had him arrested though!!! God forgive me but I do think that recording him was somewhat pre emotive or, that is what it will look like?

lighthousekeeping Sat 06-Oct-12 15:18:52

Pre emptive? He sounds like a dick but they are plenty of them around. Why didn't she just walk away?

Animation Sun 07-Oct-12 12:24:25

Sounds like the jury is hung - they've been told they can sleep on a decision.

Lighthouse - Sounds like a dick to me too. Historically it's usually easier said than done though to walk away from.

Feckbox Sun 07-Oct-12 16:02:46

Yup, cat woman, my thought exactly

lighthousekeeping Sun 07-Oct-12 16:21:23

What was the charge?

Animation Sun 07-Oct-12 18:40:03

Lighthouse - the allegations are that Mr Collins subjected Ms Larke to domestic and emotional abuse.

I believe her.

lighthousekeeping Sun 07-Oct-12 18:41:32

Thanks I only caught parts of it. I believe her but I'm not convinced a jury will. Can they go back over old texts etc.?

lighthousekeeping Sun 07-Oct-12 18:45:16

He will be blaming her for the collapse of his marriage.

ike1 Mon 08-Oct-12 11:17:17

Yeah ex wife isnt going to be very supportive of her either.

Just heard he's been found guilty,but no other details.

catwomanlikesmeatballs Tue 09-Oct-12 14:13:46

Where did you hear that?

It's on Radio 5Live now

Majority of 10-1 (one juror dismissed to go on holiday). Sentenced to 140 hours of community service. Judge accepted his behaviour was 'out of character' and didn't fine him as wouldn't be much of a fine in his circumstances.

catwomanlikesmeatballs Tue 09-Oct-12 14:24:03

I'm surprised at the verdict.

gymboywalton Tue 09-Oct-12 14:26:40

"She sounds like the type of manipulative, abusive person that brings out the worst in even the most passive of people tbh,"

what a horrible thing to say-you might as well basically say 'she deserved everything she got'

EmmelineGoulden Tue 09-Oct-12 14:29:21

"Out of character"? How can such unrepented and prolonged of treatment someone be other than profound evidence of his actual character?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now