Justin Lee Collins

(201 Posts)
GlibGlobGloo Wed 26-Sep-12 14:24:49

It just goes to show that you can't spot an abusive twat easily. Who'd have guessed?

story, sorry, Torygraph

pictish Fri 28-Sep-12 12:48:50

I think the weight loss is coincidental - I think he just wanted to trim down.
He looks so different.

DappyHays Sat 29-Sep-12 16:24:30

northern gobshite I was referring to someone else's post. It is most definitely domestic violence, I agree. I am fucking disgusted by JLC.

Nancy66 Sat 29-Sep-12 16:57:23

he was previously married for seven years. wonder how he treated his wife?

GhouliaYelps Sat 29-Sep-12 17:42:23

Reminds me of the Nicole Simpson case very, very similar treatment of her and we know how that ended sad

HissyByName Mon 01-Oct-12 21:41:44

The weight loss will be a tactic, rest assured. It's T.W.A.T 101.

How can we support Anna Larke? This will be terrifying for her, where to send messages of support?

HissyByName Mon 01-Oct-12 21:43:29

The weight loss will be a tactic, rest assured. It's T.W.A.T 101.

How can we support Anna Larke? This will be terrifying for her, where to send messages of support?

AnastasiaSteele Tue 02-Oct-12 14:17:18

I wished there was some way too hissy

Guardian link to latest developments

www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oct/02/justin-lee-collins-court-case?newsfeed=true

DM link
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2211697/Justin-Lee-Collins-court-case-Ive-hit-life.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

'Never hit anyone in his life'...the emotionally abusive ones pride themselves on that PEARL. It's being turned around on her.

HissyByName Tue 02-Oct-12 15:48:29

They'll see through that. Too much smokeb for no fire...

AnastasiaSteele Tue 02-Oct-12 15:53:13

If he is abusive, I wonder if any other exes will speak out? It must be awful.

Whatthehelltodo Wed 03-Oct-12 20:55:00

Anna, we believe you. You are very very brave.

Darkesteyeswithflecksofgold Thu 04-Oct-12 00:56:48

Anna i believe you too x

olympicaddict Thu 04-Oct-12 14:41:59

Have not seen him on TV in a while. I wonder if this is all connected?

Feckbox Thu 04-Oct-12 14:50:46

"never hit anyone in his life "
I daresay that also applies to the ones who have never hit anyone in their life

Animation Thu 04-Oct-12 16:25:54

He sounds scary. How do you argue with a manipulator - they just run rings round you. Keep going Anna - you're doing good!!

CakeBump Thu 04-Oct-12 16:29:42

Erm, he hasn't been found guilty yet!!

Calm down!!

Animation Thu 04-Oct-12 16:31:22

You calm down. hmm

feelingawfullylow Thu 04-Oct-12 16:52:03

He sounds vile but neither of them are coming out of it very well. The relationship was over, maybe it shouldn't have got to court?

CakeBump Thu 04-Oct-12 16:55:07

Animation that has to be the most intellectually stimulating post on MN today smile

Animation Thu 04-Oct-12 16:57:34

smile

Valpollicella Thu 04-Oct-12 16:59:02

So because it was over she shouldnt be making a fuss?

feelingawfullylow Thu 04-Oct-12 17:29:31

I don't know, Val. She got involved with a married man, he cheated on his wife. They had quite a sordid relationship by the sounds of it. She sounds as though she was quite damaged before she met him. Will this court case help or will the publicity have a worse effect on her? Should he go to prison? Is he a danger to anyone other than this particularl woman who is, thankfully, well rid of him?

scifigeek Thu 04-Oct-12 18:22:37

I know nothing about JLC - I think I've seen him once in a programme about Japan. Reading the media reports of the trial he comes across as a tosser at best and a vicious abuser at worst.

But there is something about Ana that gives me the chills, as so much of what she's alleged to have done, an EA ex did to me. I'm normally a buttoned up person but he could verbally abuse me and wind me up until I was an irrational screaming banshee who would rant and rave and scream at him. And he'd be suddenly very calm and quiet and tape me as well to prove I was evil and he was the victim.

Alcohol and drug problem and drunken nights which frequently culminated in suicide threats and attempts at self harm he'd have to be slapped or wrestled out of? Check.
Manic behaviour with money and gambling? Check.
Insisting on giving a full and disgustingly graphic rundown of past sexual behaviour whether I wanted to hear it or not? Check
Jealousy and paranoia, stalking exes? Check
Threats of blackmail and destroying me if I left? Check.
Lots of tales to friends and family during the relationship about my abusive behaviour? Check. Claims I had no idea of and which had no basis in truth but which established a backstory for after we'd split.

Oh and punching himself in the face, head and and stomach whilst screaming abuse at himself. Check. I was actually shaking when I read that allegation, it brought back such visceral memories.

I really don't know what to make of this case. My default setting, having suffered EA, should be to accept the word of the alleged victim. Also statistically the vast majority of domestic abusers are men. But she comes across as my utterly toxic ex to a T and I can't get past that. If I'd been a z-list celeb there is nothing he wouldn't have stooped to to attack me (ie. Max Clifford, kiss n tell, and police allegations, rather than what he actually did which was attempt to blacken my name to my employers and friends).

It will be interesting to see what the jury decides.

owlelf Thu 04-Oct-12 19:13:11

I would have thought his ex wife knows fully well whether he is abusive or not.

HissyByName Thu 04-Oct-12 19:38:29

Has anyone got any idea of how hard it is to get a DV case to court? HE has shit loads of money, she? not so much.

The CPS have taken this to court, when they have dropped other cases of acquaintances of mine.

lighthousekeeping Thu 04-Oct-12 21:10:17

I also would love to know his wife's take on this. I saw them once on one of his films and they seemed like such a tight little family unit. If anyone would know you would think it would be her. Is he like this all the time or, is it coming out in the booze? I've known couples like this who get pissed together and thrive on the drama of a good fight, you'd be hard pushed to know who was goading who. What has he been charged with? I haven't ready much about it.

Are him and Alan Carr still friends?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now