Homeless & very stressed

(5 Posts)
GobbyBear30 Sun 11-Sep-16 18:49:42

Hello everyone ,
I'm new & no idea if I'm posting in the right section , in desperate need of advice ...
Please bare with me 😞
I've always private rented as I've always been in a lucky enough position to afford too , I have 2 young children 6 years old & 5 months , I've been diagnosed with bilateral PE of the lungs which is life threatening , currently being seen by cardiology due to heart issues and suffer with depression & anxiety ... So have been out of work this year ... Now to add to everything my landlord needs to sell the house I live in as he needs the money , so I'm being evicted by bailiffs in a week , his given me a great reference I've been a good tenant & always paid my rent ...
I've had no choice but to file homelessness with my local council Enfield ... All they keep saying is when the bailiffs come I can come to their offices & they'll help me as I'm on a priority list ... This means nothing to me .. That's all they really say ... I'm petrified .. What will they do ? No one will explain it .. I can't eat / sleep ..
Any advice / experiences would be great , I'm fearing the Unknown 😞

Luckybe40 Mon 12-Sep-16 15:29:52

Hey, I've got absolutely no advice but you should post this in chat for traffic. Good luck.

tiredandhungryalways Mon 12-Sep-16 15:38:55

That sounds incredibly difficult. Don't har any advice but good luck and hope this is resolved quickly for.you

GreenGoth89 Mon 12-Sep-16 15:52:50

They will likely put you in emergency housing - could be a flat or it could be a b&b. After that it's a case of bidding on properties. Most councils have a system that those who are in the top banding (which you would be in due to your DCs and health) can only be in the top banding for X amount of time. If you haven't been successful bidding in that time then they will likely direct match you to a property - but if you don't accept that property they no longer have an obligation to house you. It's different for each council but that's how it worked for me - I ended up with somewhere nice in an OK area, but I've since swapped to a totally different area. Make sure you have an advocate if you can - lots of councils will try and get out of any obligations they have if their residents aren't well informed about their rights and the councils policies.

GobbyBear30 Sat 17-Sep-16 15:47:12

Thank you for your replies , hoping for the best xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now