Important Warning about pedophilia on Youtube

(1 Post)
EsmeWild Tue 12-Apr-16 02:47:20

Hi there, I'm really sorry in advance for how disturbing this is, but I needed to share it with other parents as Youtube is a family friendly site and they won't do anything to change things unless parents put pressure on them.

A couple of Twitter friends are Youtubers and made a video exposing the blatant pedophilia happening on Youtube. They're only small starter content creators so the video isn't likely to reach many people without help, and also because of their audience there probably aren't many parents who are going to watch it. That's why I've brought it on here to a wider audience of people who will take it seriously.

While there is no explicit images in the video, the comments they read out are of a disturbing nature for obvious reasons, so discretion is advised- I am just the messenger, as are these guys, so no hate please. The link to the video is below.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4EVTNYyfy8&nohtml5=False

Now I have tweeted the CEO of Youtube with the video but she is unlikely to pay attention if not many people are talking about it. Her Twitter handle is @SusanWojcicki, please absolutely spam her with tweets about this as this strategy has forced Susan Wojcicki to directly address Youtube's standards in the past. One of their problems is that they barely hire any actual staff to deal with flagged videos and inappropriate content. With only an automated filtering system there is a lot that can fall through the cracks. In the mean time, keep your kids away from webcams!

Thanks for your help superparents!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now