Unknown

(5 Posts)
jolo123 Thu 16-May-13 12:19:39

Im really upset, last month i was evicted from my home due to bedroom tax. Long story cut short i owed arreas and the day i went to court they changed the locks!! nothing was packed and all my belongings are in storage. Now the housing association are telling me i cant have my stuff till ive payed my arreas. ..... Surley this is not fair after all im having to pay for storage aswell. Can anyone help me.

dyslexicdespot Thu 16-May-13 12:52:24

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Have you called Shelter ( sorry I can't link). Best of luck!

meditrina Thu 16-May-13 12:57:31

Well, if you were in arrears before an eviction a month ago, it can hardly be a bedroom tax issue as that hadn't come in then.

Where have to been living in the last month? Shelter may well be able to help you, as might CAB in sorting out if the HA are holding your property illegally. AM I right in assuming these are items left in the property after the eviction date? (I don't see how HA could have control of them otherwise).

jolo123 Thu 16-May-13 16:19:15

Hi dyslex thanks and meditrina. It was arreas issue but was paying weekly and missed my payments 2x and payed late so they have me a eviction date, i have 3 children who currently live with there father due to some personal problems and because i had 2extra rooms it was a extra 80 a month i moved out on the 24th april and said unless i can pay it in full (arreas) then how am i ever going to ne able to pay bedroom tax i went to court with uptodate payments although not the full amount. But even so i understand there are parents who. Need the house but i had no support in downsizing and now staying with a friend. But surley they cant keep my furniture? ?

dyslexicdespot Thu 16-May-13 18:11:17

Shelter

The number is: 0808 800 4444

Best of luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now