Malala Yousafzai

(5 Posts)
Rowlers Tue 19-Mar-13 22:30:09

I'm just in awe of this girl each time I see her on the news. How do some people become so 'great'? She's definitely an inspirational girl.

Notquite Tue 19-Mar-13 23:31:26

Extraordinary isn't she? I was just listening to her on the regional news and marvelling.

Rowlers Wed 20-Mar-13 19:28:17

And there are more little glimmers of brilliance - not only this Pakistani girl, but wow! at her dad for bucking the trend and supporting her:
Maria Toorpakai
I don't think I can ever fully understand the magnitude of their determination, for want of a better phrase!

ScottyDoc Wed 20-Mar-13 19:31:45

They are an inspiration in the face of male dominated evil. There was a damn good reason why Malala survived being shot in the head by those Taliban dogs, and I'm sure many many young girls will believe in themselves and the power of speech and freedom through her.

Rowlers Wed 20-Mar-13 19:44:17

So, when someone asks why I don't like Katie Price, or some other similar "sleb", I just want to shout "look over here! This is why! THESE are the girls / women who should be filling our newspapers!"
I'm humbled by them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now