What to do with out of date books

(8 Posts)
justpeachy74 Sun 27-Nov-16 20:49:12

I really don't know where to post this but I'll try here.

We are having a clear out and I have quite a few old travel guidebooks. By now they would contain some quite
out of date information so probably not much good to a charity shop.

I'm looking for ideas on what to do with them. They are quite chunky books and I doubt they are acceptable for household recycling.

Any ideas appreciated.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Sun 27-Nov-16 20:51:08

I would just put them in the paper recycling, maybe tearing off covers if necessary.

wobblywonderwoman Sun 27-Nov-16 20:51:28

I keep ours as I love to remember where we have visited.

I think people might buy them but schools might take them for projects - no harm in asking a local primary.

KookSpook Sun 27-Nov-16 20:53:17

Library

Cagliostro Sun 27-Nov-16 20:53:27

Can you get to a British Heart Foundation shop? I don't know about other charities but BHF recycle unsellable books for money. When I was volunteering there a few years ago they got around 50p a kilo, which with books adds up pretty fast. Better than just chucking them smile

trentin Sun 27-Nov-16 20:54:06

Burn them

Cagliostro Sun 27-Nov-16 20:54:34

And if you tell them when you donate them that they're probably only good for recycling, it'll save them the hassle of going through them all

Ragwort Sun 27-Nov-16 20:54:58

Agree with Cag - most charity shops get something for old books - even if it is just 1p per book.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now