Dyson V8 - Does it have to be wired in or can it just be plugged into a socket

(7 Posts)
Woopsiedaisy Sat 26-Nov-16 10:22:49

Just that really.

I am still waiting to see if John Lewis will honour my price match claim from Black Friday. If they will the V8 I have saved for, for months, will be mine.

Just dreaming of where to locate it and realise that I dont know if it has to be wired in (like it is in JL) or just plugged in.

Woopsiedaisy Sat 26-Nov-16 11:00:41

Bump ...

ZacharyQuack Sat 26-Nov-16 11:02:17

We have a V6 and it plugs into a regular socket.

NannyR Sat 26-Nov-16 11:11:25

I have a v6 (but I would think the v8 charges the same). You can plug the charger into an ordinary socket. It comes with a bracket that you can attach to the wall that holds the charger (this might be what you saw at John Lewis) but it doesn't need to be wired into the mains, you just plug it in. I don't use the bracket, just the cable.

Woopsiedaisy Sat 26-Nov-16 11:13:35

Thank you both.

That will be much easier for me to deal with than having to find an Electrician to wire it in.

Justaboy Sat 26-Nov-16 11:16:58

Just plug it, no tech reason why it needs wiring in and in fact there are a lot of appliances from Immersion heaters to Ovens even that do not "have" to be wired in. Plug means you can move it if need be and if it goes wrong much simpler to remove and replacesmile

millysmith Sat 26-Nov-16 11:49:52

yeah i have a Dyson V6 and you can just plug it in to a regular plug socket.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now