China expert needed - Royal Dolton Lyndon china tea set

(6 Posts)
rara67 Sun 20-Nov-16 15:13:59

This was discovered in my late MiLs side board. Looking on line there is a blue and a green version. I think it might be a set of seconds as each piece has a marking on the bottom like small painted dashes and cups have 1515 in blue. I don't know if I'll ever use it but I really like it. Does anyone have any idea how old it might be? Thanks

rara67 Sun 20-Nov-16 15:16:44

Correction! It's Royal Albert and Lyndon. That shows you how much I know!

Molecule Sun 20-Nov-16 15:33:29

I love China and that pattern, but am no expert. This site: www.royalalbertpatterns.com/reference%20pages/Royal%20Albert%20Back%20Stamps-.htm might help you suss it out though. Otherwise you could try your local auction house, ours has one day a week when they do free valuations.

Sgtmajormummy Sun 20-Nov-16 15:34:17

Looking at the colours and shapes, I'd say it's 1960s. However I'm an enthusiast not an expert. Have a look on sites like "China Replacements" and you should find it (and their relevant selling prices).

Sgtmajormummy Sun 20-Nov-16 15:43:04

molecule came up trumps. It's 1927-35. Very pretty, too!

rara67 Mon 21-Nov-16 13:53:53

Thank you so much. The dates mean it could have been something that my DHs grandparents had, may have even been a wedding gift as MIL was born in 1933 and FIL in 1931. Too late to ask now, but I am going to try me use it. So much stuff that we didn't want, nice to have this. I now know where Cath Kidston get their ideas from...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now