What Roomba/robot vacuum should I get?

(4 Posts)
Mamushka Tue 01-Nov-16 13:16:57

No particular budget as long as it's worth the money!

Please tell me they're good - I'm pregnant with DC2 and hoping it'll help ease the housework load!

getitdone Tue 01-Nov-16 16:03:52

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

shovetheholly Wed 02-Nov-16 08:06:51

If you can splurge a bit, I seriously recommend the Neato Botvac connect. I was an early adopter of robohoovers and this is my third. It beats all the others I've had hands down in the way that it cleans. A lot of the cheaper models are like Roombas from back in the day - they are OK as a sweeper but they don't clean very deeply. The Neato Botvac does a job that's equivalent to a decent hoover, but not a Miele. However, given that you don't actually need to do anything, that's a huge win in my book!

You do need to houseproof for them a bit - they will pick up stray laces, stray wires on the floor and get stuck (but they just stop straight away). You quickly get in the habit of ensuring that chargers etc aren't trailing over the floor.

shovetheholly Wed 02-Nov-16 08:08:02

This is the one I have: www.amazon.co.uk/Neato-Robotics-Botvac-Enabled-Cleaner/dp/B014J7N1KA/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478074043&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=neato+botvac+connect

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now