Paperwork

(4 Posts)
sohackedoff Sun 30-Oct-16 15:00:22

How do you organise your paperwork? I'm talking normal household paperwork like bills, bank statements, financial stuff and receipts.

I'm just overwhelmed with it. I have lever arch files but it's just everywhere. As an ex-professional, where the paper trail meant everything, I'm struggling to let stuff go. Someone talk me through it please.

TIA

TeaBelle Sun 30-Oct-16 15:02:35

We have a filing cabinet. Do a haul once per year so that only the most recent stuff is kept - obviously how recent depends on what paperwork it is. I do need a better system for current paperwork though (stuff not ready for filing yet)

yomellamoHelly Sun 30-Oct-16 17:16:18

Ours is sorted by type as every now and then dh has to find something specific and gets really cross if I can't lay my hand on all the correspondance that fits that category (so he can see the history of that item). Every five years or so it gets chucked in a box in the attic. We have about 20 years of stuff overall, though I did chuck a lot out when we moved house as it was so obviously redundant. (Think cars we no longer owned, insurance on previous houses, warranties on items we no longer had ....)

bimbobaggins Sun 06-Nov-16 08:47:08

I have folders with polly pockets inside.

Household management
Car
Ds school
Work.
A small box for receipts. The folder system works really well for me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now