Why is my washing machine flashing on a frost button?

(13 Posts)
Bluebellmountains Thu 27-Oct-16 17:31:37

Moved house today. Went to put a wash on and the machine worked up until a point, and then it stops and flashes on a frost like button. I have no idea what the button means. The clothes are soaking wet so I've tried a spin or a different wash cycle but the same thing just keeps happening. Any ideas?

moglovespumpkins Thu 27-Oct-16 17:32:44

What make is it?

Bluebellmountains Thu 27-Oct-16 17:38:04

It's a candy grand plus

moglovespumpkins Thu 27-Oct-16 17:38:55

A quick google suggested it might be a draining problem if it's a candy? That was what came up. Maybe google then try YouTube for a fix if you're confident with DIY stuff? Or hopefully someone will come on here who knows about these things. Hope you get it sorted smile

moglovespumpkins Thu 27-Oct-16 17:40:45

Oh and happy new home! flowerswinecake

fluffiphlox Thu 27-Oct-16 17:41:32

Can you find the instructions online? If it is a drainage problem, try unkinking the outlet hose.

Bluebellmountains Thu 27-Oct-16 19:55:43

Thank you, I read your replies a little too late. Just after my mum opened the washing machine door and water poured out! Oops.

Missingsleepandthecat Fri 28-Oct-16 13:55:14

Check the pump, it may be blocked or where the machine drains may be clogged, its a pita when this happens!
P.s, its a cold wash button smile HTH

moglovespumpkins Fri 28-Oct-16 13:57:24

Oh heck! Have you got it sorted now?

Piffpaffpoff Fri 28-Oct-16 13:58:48

Is it a brand new house and did you bring the machine with you? The draining pipe may need to be uncapped or something. Ours had a cap on it so the machine couldn't drain. Took us 4 days and a £50 call out fee to discover that...

Piffpaffpoff Fri 28-Oct-16 13:59:55

That's the draining pipe that is already in the house, that you connect the machine to.

dementedpixie Sat 29-Oct-16 20:41:40

That button is the cold wash button and may be unrelated to the problem with your machine

dementedpixie Sat 29-Oct-16 20:50:33

I would check that pipes are not kinked and that the filter is clear

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now