Wall mounted electric fire or electric stove, opinions please

(1 Post)
indiana7 Sat 22-Oct-16 22:06:30

Hi, just a bit of a backstory, we have bought a new build off the plans due to be finished next spring. In the brochure it said that all houses were to have an inbuilt electric fire (one of the ones with the black frames) positioned mid way in the centre wall. The showhouses & previous phases didn't have these in the 3 beds so I questioned it with the estate agent who came back to say it was only the 4 beds & it was a mistake in the brochure. I asked her to go back to the builders & try & compromise... It went too & fro for a while with the outcome of the builders offering us a voucher for 300 euro so we can purchase & install our own fire. I tried to argue with the EA but she insisted that was the best the builder could do & plans for all the houses have been drawn up & signed off & they won't be changing. Bit disappointed as we were hoping to have it installed too but I guess it's better than nothing...
I really like the look of them, opinions please? Wall mounted more modern & the electric stoves are more modern but both will work in our sitting room, going to go for crushed velvet chesterfield sofa!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now