Professional oven cleaner ruined oven

(6 Posts)
EmilyCHN Wed 19-Oct-16 19:33:03

Has anyone had this before? Our oven was new in March and we decided to get it cleaned as it was getting a bit grotty. An independent cleaning company, owned and run by one woman who undertakes the cleaning came and cleaned it and unfortunately has caused corrosion to the external parts and internal parts of the oven. The handles are the most noticeable and also where the cleaning fluid has dripped into the cupboard below its damaged the drawer front too. I contacted her by phone immediately when I got home and saw the damage, sent her pictures, and she confirmed she had damaged it and she apologised. All further communication was on Facebook at her request and after I contacted the oven manufacturer to see what could be done (in short nothing, new oven required as damaged parts can't be replaced without affecting the warranty and the individual parts, fitting, call out charge etc add up to more than the oven is worth)
My issue is she has gone very quiet, blocked me on Facebook, not accepting calls or returning texts. I have no postal address for her, only a telephone (mobile), and email address. I really don't know what to do. She said she was insured by wouldn't want to claim as it would push her premiums up. I'm staggered that someone can be so indecent as to admit they've damaged my property and then go to ground leaving me no means of resolving the issue. Any advice would be so welcome.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 19-Oct-16 19:34:17

Was she part of a franchise - could you trace her that way?

BakeOffBiscuits Wed 19-Oct-16 19:40:11

Sorry to say but this is why you don't employ someone who only gives an email address and mobile phone no. The only thing you can do is get a friend to post in her FB, pretend they are a future customer and get the info you need through them.

ReggaeShark Wed 19-Oct-16 19:44:31

Small claims court?

Guiltypleasures001 Wed 19-Oct-16 19:45:20

If you have her full name or name of her company it will come up up through various
Sites who list company details, most will have her home address on there

I had a company xo e out and clean my range master, the gold coloured handles for the hob
And the bar to open the oven doors, were discoloured they denied it, but I had photographic
Proof from moving in pics etc.

He had to replace the handles, which were easy to do.

EmilyCHN Wed 19-Oct-16 21:33:07

Thank you. My husband has found her address and is going to pop over at the weekend and see what she says. He's really good at nicely handling things like this so I'm glad he's taking over. I'm too exhausted and emotionally fragile for much else right now. Thanks for all your inputs and helpful comments. Will update when I have more to share. Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now