Give me ideas for bathroom storage please

(7 Posts)
poppym12 Tue 11-Oct-16 12:14:30

I have baskets. I have drawers. Yet there are still various bottles of shampoo, shower gel etc perched around the bath

How do you store your everyday in the shower type stuff?

BlondiBleach Tue 11-Oct-16 14:04:29

I loathe clutter around the bathtub (and my toddler loves to push it all into the bath angry ) so I store everything I need for my shower in a plastic box; I keep it in the bathroom cabinet hidden from view & pull it out only when I go into shower & put back after shower. I've a separate one for DS with his bath foam, bath toys etc. This is also kept hidden in cabinet. As they're in boxes it only takes a second to pull out. Alas, DH refuses to take part so his shower gel & scrub is left in shower. Can't win them all!! But two bottles is a vast improvement on shampoo, conditioner, bath foam, cleanser, bath toys etc.

Simple solution but I love how uncluttered the bath feels now (and it's easier to clean too!).

poppym12 Tue 11-Oct-16 16:28:11

I tried similar but kept forgetting to put the stuff in the shower and I couldn't reach it when I was in there. I admit it's mostly my things as I don't decide which shampoo to use until my hair is wet, then there's shower gels, scrubs, moisture things.
I'll move my bottles again but I know ds and dh will keep theirs on the bath but as you say, it will be a lot less cluttered.

sonias27 Tue 11-Oct-16 17:21:34

I purchased this wall mounted holder for my bathroom, it's really handy for storing toothpaste/brushes etc etc.

poppym12 Tue 11-Oct-16 17:33:21

It's the bottles that accumulate around the bath that irritate me. I haven't got stroppy about the other clutter. Yet grin.

SpookyMooky Fri 14-Oct-16 00:58:53

Small wire shelf thing attached between screen and wall. I'm ruthless. For a family of 4 we have 2 x shampoo, 1x conditioner, 1 or 2 shower gels, my facewash. They all fit in the wire tray. Anything else, plus all spares, lives in the cupboard and gets put away straight after use. Even I got used to remembering to get them out before my shower in the end - I'm sure you can too.

Shower mist cleaning thingy hangs down from shelf by its own handle. That leaves just DH's soap in its dish on the windowsill, so no moving bottles around to clean.

ChishandFips33 Sun 16-Oct-16 08:15:30

Not such a quick fix but we have this from IKEA - it holds loads!

Ive also stopped buying so many shampoo's etc in advance and wait until they're nearly used up before replacing

We also have a small foot stool/ottoman in and spare towels live in there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now