CDs and DVDs

(9 Posts)
nell15 Tue 11-Oct-16 09:48:02

Hi we're moving house soon and are desperately decluttering. What do you do with all your 100s if CDs and DVDs when they are now copied digitally to my iPad /mac etc.

Mumonthesofa Tue 11-Oct-16 09:51:43

Ours aren't copied digitally but we have them stored in cd folders, the inlay card goes in the front of the pocket and the disc behind, we saved so much room doing this!

MissBattleaxe Tue 11-Oct-16 09:57:38

I've heard good things about a site called Music Magpie that buys up CDs.

Kikibanana86 Tue 11-Oct-16 10:01:00

There's a site called ziffit that buys cds and dvds x

specialsubject Tue 11-Oct-16 10:24:32

First, back it all up to one or two hard drives.

If you still have the boxes you can sell to some dealers - for peanuts... Otherwise chuck the boxes and store the disks only. But do get rid of what you wont play again.

celeste83 Tue 11-Oct-16 11:52:19

I think those cd and dvd buying sites offer tuppence for them to be honest. We stores our cds in an underbed style box under the sofa in the lounge. I'm a traditionalist and like to keep a physical copy with the artwork grin

LaundryQueenHatesIroning Wed 12-Oct-16 11:37:19

'Ours aren't copied digitally but we have them stored in cd folders, the inlay card goes in the front of the pocket and the disc behind, we saved so much room doing this!'

This. We have just done this and it really makes such a difference. It also spurred me on to get rid of a lot of them too.

Mcchickenbb41 Wed 12-Oct-16 13:40:30

What a fantastic space saving idea !

strongandlong Wed 12-Oct-16 13:47:37

We don't have any CDs or DVDs anymore. We did rip them all and store on hd, but tbh we don't use those either. We use a Spotify family account plus Netflix and Amazon prime. Not a cheap solution, but v space efficient!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now