Smelly Bosch condenser tumble dryer

(4 Posts)
fiorentina Wed 05-Oct-16 16:43:38

We've had our dryer a couple of years and empty the condenser drawer and fluff regularly. However I have noticed the clothes start to smell damp. I assumed it was because they weren't quite dry and just warm but now I've realised the dryer stinks. It says it is a self cleaning condenser but no idea if it's stopped working or is dirty somehow. I've wiped all round it with antibacterial wipes wherever I can to try and freshen it. Anything else I can do. It's on an empty hot cycle at the moment (i am nearby) to see if that dries out any mouldy smells?! It's not the washing machine as that's cleaned at 90 degrees regularly. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

sonias27 Thu 06-Oct-16 07:56:27

Hi,

Sounds like your machine is in need of a deep clean. Try using some of these deep cleaning tablets when you next use your dryer.

wowfudge Thu 06-Oct-16 09:12:58

Could you get it serviced? If there isn't a part you can remove and clean that might be worth doing.

fiorentina Thu 06-Oct-16 18:31:35

Yes there is nothing else I can remove or wipe with antibacterial wipes. I've sent an email to Bosch help desk to check if there's anything I'm missing and then will do that. I think the deep clean stuff recommended is for washers and the washer is fine, but thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now