Talk to me about polishing a wood floor

(9 Posts)
FauxFox Tue 04-Oct-16 17:19:20

We rent and I need to give the wood floor a really good clean. I am scared to mop in case the wet causes it to lift but hoover and floor wipes are not really doing it anymore and it looks like it needs a good clean and polish to sort out a few scuffs and make it look good - what do I need to do??

putputput Tue 04-Oct-16 17:35:31

Is it actually wood or laminate?

FauxFox Tue 04-Oct-16 19:47:55

It's wood.

FauxFox Tue 04-Oct-16 19:50:16

It's this

sugarmonster64 Tue 04-Oct-16 19:50:47

I use method almond wood floor cleaner. Seems to work well. Smells lush

ShatnersBassoon Tue 04-Oct-16 19:53:47

I love the smell of the Method one, but it doesn't work as well as Astonish polish, which also smells nice and costs less than half the price. Use the Astonish wood floor cleaner first, then their polish after.

RoganJosh Tue 04-Oct-16 19:56:58

We used to mop and even steam mop our wood floor. So long as you aren't saturating it, it doesn't seem to mind. If you spilt water on it then it wouldn't be an instant catastrophe was always my logic.

FauxFox Tue 04-Oct-16 19:58:29

Thanks guys that's really helpful - I will get some Astonish and give that a go grin.

My life is so exciting hmm

FauxFox Tue 04-Oct-16 19:59:49

Rogan I would probably be a bit more daring if it was my floor but as i'm renting I really don't want to fuck it up even a little bit in case they make me pay for a new one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now