Dh destroys pillows - can anyone recommend a decent pillow.

(21 Posts)
WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Sun 02-Oct-16 11:25:50

This should be so simple but we really struggle with pillows in our house.

I'm not even sure how he does it but every pillow we've ever bought gets mangled by him and ends up a lumpy mess. Oddly dd does the same to her pillows.

He has asthma so needs hypoallergenic ones. Can anyone recommend a decent pillow that can survive whatever it is he dies to them.

TaggieRR Sun 02-Oct-16 11:26:35

Dunlopillo are great! Think that's the spelling

originalmavis Sun 02-Oct-16 11:27:54

Does he squish them up? Maybe a tempur one - its memory foam so you can't roll it up or fold it. Comfy though.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 02-Oct-16 11:30:30

Is he sweaty?

FrogFairy Sun 02-Oct-16 11:36:25

Another vote for Dunlopillow. They are made from a solid piece of latex so would be unlikely to be able to mangle them. The descriptions on their website recommend which are suitable for back/side sleepers.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Sun 02-Oct-16 12:36:24

dame no he's not at all sweaty (I'm lucky). I think it's they position he sleeps in, plus maybe he thrashes about a lot. If he thrashes about I sleep through it though.

Dunlopillow sounds like it could do the job. Thanks for the recommendations.

yumscrumfatbum Sun 02-Oct-16 12:39:27

My DH folds them in half drives me mad!!

BertieBotts Sun 02-Oct-16 12:40:32

Ikea have some good foam pillows too.

coolpotato Sun 02-Oct-16 17:10:33

I have a similar DH, his pillows are awful. They make the bed look messy too - grrr

bingohandjob Sun 02-Oct-16 21:10:34

Expensive outlay but had them for two years and still like new m.johnlewis.com/dunlopillo-latex-serenity-pillow-firm/p/119481

Vvlgari Sun 02-Oct-16 21:16:11

I bought some hypoallergenic ones from John Lewis and they've been excellent.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Sun 02-Oct-16 22:25:45

cool that's part of my problem, his pillows make the bed look scuffy.

Those pillows are bloody expensive. Do you need 2 if you normally sleep with two (flat ish) pillows? Or can I get away with one?

bertie are the ikea ones any good? I prefer their price range.

sodabreadjam Sun 02-Oct-16 22:32:04

We bought a latex mattress from this company and got the latex pillows for free. I can recommend them. A little bit cheaper than John Lewis (still pricier than the usual hollowfibre) - quite a selection of Dunlopillo types:

www.latexsense.co.uk/latex-sense/latex-pillows/c72

Ditsy4 Sun 02-Oct-16 22:34:43

Memory foam one.

sonias27 Mon 03-Oct-16 09:02:22

Hi,

Homescapes do a lovely range of pillows for allergy sufferers. I had to buy some for DH husband.

idontlikealdi Mon 03-Oct-16 09:09:05

I've just got memory foam ones from sainsburys - they are fab andI think they were £15.

CMOTDibbler Mon 03-Oct-16 09:09:34

We have Dunlopillow ones too, and only need one pillow as they don't squish down like the hollow fibre ones

chamenager Mon 03-Oct-16 09:09:41

I have a Technogel pillow. Very expensive, asked for it for Christmas. Very pleased with it, and can't see how it could possibly be mangled.

But I'd suggest your DH to try it out before buying. I got to have two different versions for 10 days before deciding which one I want/if I want any at all.

anahata Sat 08-Oct-16 19:36:04

Hi. I used to be a Dunlo pillow rep. Buy a pure latex one. Dreams do it for around £50. You will only need one. You'll easily get 5 years out of it. They are the best ones on the market for asthma and allergies too.

MotherFuckingChainsaw Sat 08-Oct-16 19:37:54

I have a dunelm memory foam one

Highly recommend

Fairylea Sat 08-Oct-16 19:38:09

Instead of going for expensive I went the other way and buy dh super cheap £3-4 ones from poundstretcher and just replace them regularly. I don't know what he does to them....!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now