Miele fridge freezer? Or perhaps Liebherr?

(16 Posts)
Findmeinthekitchenatparties Fri 30-Sep-16 11:46:07

I've been looking at the Miele KFN12924SD ao.com/product/kfn12924sd1-miele-fridge-freezer-white-27048-28.aspx?&WT.srch=1&WT.z_PT=MDA-Cooling&WT.z_MT=Search&WT.z_RTM=Google%20PPC&WT.z_DT=t&WT.z_KT=Product%20Code&WT.z_CN=Codes%20-%20Fridge%20Freezers%20-%20API&WT.z_AG=Miele%20-%20KFN12924SD-1_WH&WT.z_KW=KFN12924SD-1&WT.z_MAT=Exact&WT.z_AT=Fridge%20Freezer&gclid=Cj0KEQjwmri_BRCZpaHkuIH75_IBEiQAIG0rIVdv477g1cV4kiO4Hr16VQWN60nGDOOUh-IMpRuLMPEaAhzA8P8HAQ and was just about to buy when I realised that there is a new model - KFN29042Dwh www.miele.co.uk/domestic/refrigerators-freezers-and-wine-units-2497.htm?mat=10350660&name=KFN_29042_D_ws
They are both 50/50 and have a huge capacity which is just what I need.

I've had a look at Which, glowing reviews for the former but less than positive for the latter.

I really need to make that decision now as there is an offer of cash back on the new model but also my current FF is on its last legs. Any MNetters have either?

To make my decision even more difficult I've been advised to get a Liebherr as the parts are cheaper when it becomes necessary and that they are pretty much the same FF.

Please help!

Findmeinthekitchenatparties Fri 30-Sep-16 12:18:43

A bit more research tells me the first model is about seven years old and no longer made whereas the new has just been released...

OCSockOrphanage Fri 30-Sep-16 14:05:18

I have the cheapest FF Miele sell, and it's identical to a Liebherr FF that was in a house we rented in France. Have been pleased with it, but found we needed an extra shelf and a bottle rack which were extra.

Findmeinthekitchenatparties Fri 30-Sep-16 16:19:19

That seems to be the general consensus - apparently they are made in the same factory.

Do you have any experience of Miele after- sales service?

GeorgeTheThird Fri 30-Sep-16 16:20:45

I was told by a kitchen fitter that they all bought liebherr. If that helps at all.

NanTheWiser Fri 30-Sep-16 17:34:23

I have a Liebherr bought about 6 years ago this one. Bought because I needed one 55cms wide, and because it has 4 shelves in the fridge. I'm very happy with it, but have no knowledge of Miele models, so can't compare.

ryderandthepups Fri 30-Sep-16 17:42:54

I would never buy Miele again. We replaced our kitchen 2010 with Miele throughout and so far I've had to replace the freezer, dishwasher and washing machine. I found their customer service rubbish too.

Findmeinthekitchenatparties Fri 30-Sep-16 20:39:09

Hmm, pro Liebherr replies. This makes it difficult. Well, I think I know how I'm spending the evening, Internet, Liebherr and Miele searches and wine!

wine Thanks all.

If anyone else owns either, please do let me know your thoughts.

Findmeinthekitchenatparties Sat 01-Oct-16 07:06:02

riderandthepups sorry, I meant to ask, what went wrong with all your appliances?

ryderandthepups Sat 01-Oct-16 10:29:42

A major part went wrong with the dishwasher, might have been the pump, spent over £100 with Miele trying to get it fixed before being told it couldn't be repaired. The other two just gave up the ghost. I'd def go for the other one!

OCSockOrphanage Sat 01-Oct-16 14:27:41

Miele Customer service for vacuum cleaners was brilliant 10 days ago. My eight-y-old vac started clunking. For £90, they delivered a box to pack it in, collected it, serviced it, replaced two heads (of three, the dearest is £55 on its own) replaced both foot switches, the bendy tube and a release button on the solid extension tube, and returned it five days later.

DH used to know the SW mobile service engineer on big appliances, who reckoned he only had a few call outs each week. HTH.

Liiinoo Mon 10-Oct-16 17:28:23

I love Miele products. I am reponsible for three houses and only ever buy Miele now. They last forever and are generally very efficient BUT on the rare occasion things do go wrong I have found their customer service to be absolutely appalling. Inefficient, slow and expensive.

The worst was when the vacuum broke (or more accurately when DD broke it ). They made 9 different appointments to come out and collect it and never once turned up. I still have copies of my letters to the CEO. Once he got involved there was still one more missed collection but at least they then repaired it for free. And that was 10 years ago and it's still going strong.

Madbengalmum Mon 10-Oct-16 17:34:48

Had built in coffee machine,steam oven, oven, fridges, microwave and dishwasher all top of the range meile and rubbish. All broken after a few months, fridges and coffee machine the worst. Mother had the same and the same problems a few months later.
Don't do it, customer services charge alot every time they come out and they are useless.
Save your money, and by another brand.
Would go with liebherr if that is your only other option.

Davros Mon 10-Oct-16 23:39:08

I live our Liebherr fridge/freezer and have had excellent after sales service

standingonlego Mon 10-Oct-16 23:45:13

Liebherr fridge freezer here going strong after 14 years smile A few dings in the stainless steel thanks to DC but it has been awesome

sonias27 Tue 11-Oct-16 17:41:04

Me and my DH brought a black Russel Hobbs fridge freezer after we had our kitchen re done and it's fantastic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now