How do you clean your fridge?

(7 Posts)
Tiredandtested Thu 29-Sep-16 09:21:02

I take everything out and wipe it down with hot water, washing up liquid and a bit of Zoflora. I've chucked the collection of half used jars & put everything back in. 10 mins tops.
DM used to make a production about it taking ages, have I missed a vital step?

LaundryQueenHatesIroning Thu 29-Sep-16 12:06:09

Thanks, this has given me inspiration to clean mine, a job I've been putting off for ages!

Yeah, it always seems like such a big job, but maybe it needn't be.

Also, any excuse to use some of my growing Zoflora collection!

mypropertea Thu 29-Sep-16 12:25:20

I also wipe the inside with a antybac wipe

BlondiBleach Thu 29-Sep-16 12:26:55

Yup, hot water washing up liquid & spray with anti bacterial spray or bleach solution.

Not to hijack but has anyone ever put their fridge shelves in dishwasher? Mine are glass (Perspex? Well they're clear anyway....confused ) & I've always wondered if I can.

Gatekeeper Thu 29-Sep-16 12:28:59

I take everything (shelves and whatnot) out and wash it in hot soapy water. I wash the inside of the fridge with hot water with bicarb in

Tiredandtested Thu 29-Sep-16 12:43:09

Thanks for the replies to the dullest question today.
I'm obviously doing it right.
Blondi, I don't think my shelves would fit in the dishwasher but I can't see what's wrong with the principle.

MackerelOfFact Thu 29-Sep-16 12:47:41

I've done it in the dishwasher and it's been fine - just use the coolest/quickest setting. I find other methods make it a bit smeary as it's so cold, and I can't be bothered to let all the shelves come to room temperature.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now