How do I get this stain out?

(5 Posts)
rhiaaaaaaaannon Mon 26-Sep-16 11:43:07

Ds managed to throw some bath time paint all over his carpet this morning angry

I've put a carpet cleaner thing on but it doesn't seem to be having much affect. How do I clean it?

Seeline Mon 26-Sep-16 11:54:22

I really rate the Vanish Powershot stuff. HAs got rid of paint, red wine, coffee and countless other unidentified marks. You need to check that it doesn't completely remove the colour from the carpet in a hidden place first, but I've not had that problem.

user1474922142 Mon 26-Sep-16 22:04:08

my little ones are always dropping stuff on the carpet and leaving stains etc etc. I have to agree with seeline, vanish powershot gets rid of some really stuff stains. It's top stuff.

Liiinoo Mon 10-Oct-16 17:51:53

This is a brilliant carpet cleaner

www.lakeland.co.uk/24492/Shark-Sonic-Duo-Floor-Cleaner

It is expensive but if you have the room to store it will be a godsend to anyone with pets or youngsters.

We had a massive party last month. It was meant to be outdoors but the heavens opened and we ended up with 80 people eating hog roast in our not enormous house. The carpets the next day looked unspeakable and I was going away. I left 22 year old DD with the instruction booklet and they were like new again. Our cleaner (who had been at the party and was probably dreading coming to work) asked had we had new carpets put down.

One word of warning - I find it is a terrible hard floor cleaner leaving streaks and a sticky film on the tiles. I threw the hard floor solutions and pads away.

sonias27 Tue 11-Oct-16 17:53:20

HG do a carpet spray for stains, might want to give that a try, it's pretty powerful stuff so it should remove the stain without any problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now