New duvet - Recommendations please

(12 Posts)
Goandplay Sun 25-Sep-16 20:44:07

I've realised my duvet has seen better days. It's about 18 years old!

Ideally I would like a feather duvet - I love the feel and noise of a feather duvet.

King size if that matters?

Goandplay Sun 25-Sep-16 20:50:08

Also - what is a wool duvet?

Thank you smile

OCSockOrphanage Mon 26-Sep-16 21:05:39

Look,at Soak and Sleep,King of Cotton and TK Maxx. DON'T buy a wool duvet, they go lumpy quickly.

thecapitalsunited Mon 26-Sep-16 21:10:08

I bought a wool duvet (summer weight) 3 years ago from Soak and Sleep and I love it. All it is is sheeps wool in the duvet rather than feathers. I've not had a problem with mine going lumpy, in fact it feels as nice as the day it arrived.

I wish I'd bought an autumn weight one rather than the goose feather and down one I bought from JL which went flat within a year despite being shaken every day and never crushed. My JL duvet was reasonably pricy and I've been really disappointed in it.

I find my husband doesn't sweat so much under the wool duvet but magically I don't get so hot. I recommend them to everyone!

user1474922142 Mon 26-Sep-16 21:42:09

Hi,

You can pick up a lovely feather duvet from this store It's a reasonably priced and very good quality. Brought mine about 6 months ago and it's so nice to sleep on:-)

NannyR Mon 26-Sep-16 22:13:05

I love my wool duvet, I bought it from baavet. I got the summer weight one but I bought it reduced in the seconds part of the website as its a slightly heavier weight than normal so I'm hoping it will do me through autumn too.

Tiredandtested Mon 26-Sep-16 22:15:13

I was recommended Soak and Sleep on MN a couple of years ago, I bought a super King Hungarian Goose down, it's wonderful.

ChishandFips33 Tue 27-Sep-16 07:28:37

We have a feather one from Sainsburys and it's heaven. It has a good weight about it so you feel snug

Tempted by a heated duvet this winter though - anyone have one?

shovetheholly Tue 27-Sep-16 09:11:30

Can you wash the feather and wool duvets? The idea of one that you can't put in the machine freaks me out a little. I wash mine every quarter.

NannyR Tue 27-Sep-16 09:29:55

I think you can hand wash or use a very gentle wash cycle in the machine if necessary, but wool is naturally antibacterial and resistant to dust mites, so you probably wouldn't need to wash it anyway.

Goandplay Sun 16-Oct-16 08:04:58

I'm really tempted by a wool duvet. Need to find a middle ground between price and quality.

Paddingtonthebear Sun 16-Oct-16 08:06:06

Absolutely love our wool duvet from soak and sleep. Wouldn't go back to feather now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now