Stained grout around loo how to get clean

(14 Posts)
YellowPrimula Sat 24-Sep-16 23:11:48

We had a new family bathroom only 6 months ago but I am so cross with my sons who ranfge on age from 15 to 23 , already the loo seat is broken , cannot understand why this is , and the grouting around the loo is turning yellow.Its cleaned regularly but if they wee on the wall after I have gone to work and don't clean it up ( will never admit it is them) until after work the stain is already coming .Sometimes I hate having boys , they really don't care it seems .I have tried everything to stop them doing this after 20 years I am baffled sad

YellowPrimula Sun 25-Sep-16 14:44:51

Any ideas ?Willing to try most things

VioletBam Sun 25-Sep-16 14:47:10

So they're actually weeing past the toilet and directly onto the wall? shock That's really not normal at age over 15!

I would firstly, squirt neat bleach on affected area...do with windows open.....then scrub with a toothbrush.

But if you want them to stop doing it, make them do it.

If they refuse, cut the plugs off all their computers. And hide their phones. Then refuse to reveal where they are till the loo has been cleaned.

YellowPrimula Sun 25-Sep-16 15:04:08

Violet , at the risk of sounding defeated I have a mother notice up to that effect at the moment , but I have tried it before and cut off Internet , television etc but they just seem incapable . Bizarrely it's the two oldest who are the worst , the youngest is not too bad.The bathroom is a bit cramped and they are quite tall and one has dyspraxia but still I don't understand .Determined to change behaviour but also need to know how to get rid of stains

YellowPrimula Sun 25-Sep-16 15:07:31

Actually have just bought plastic sheeting and I am going to cover tiles with plastic perhaps it will shame them

VioletBam Sun 25-Sep-16 15:15:53

Yes, plastic a good idea. You could actually get that stick-on stuff on a roll....what's it called again...FABLON. They sell it in Wilkinson's or Ebay.

Then you can replace it from time to time.

I'd be shouting at them every time. Make it more bother for them to keep pissing on the wall than it is for them to stop.

They should be capable. For the dyspraxic one, put a blinking ping pong ball in there....he can aim at it and so can the others.

VioletBam Sun 25-Sep-16 15:16:42

But as I said, neat bleach and a toothbrush. Let the bleach sit for a while and then rinse or wipe it off with a wet cloth.

YellowPrimula Sun 25-Sep-16 15:17:49

Good idea about fablon , will look out for it .I have never found the ping pong ball works as the wee just ricochets off it and straight onto the wall.😡

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 25-Sep-16 15:19:32

HG bleach spray - ventilate well, it's strong!

QuiltedAloeVera Sun 25-Sep-16 15:22:58

They need to sit down to pee. And apologise for not cleaning it up envy

YellowPrimula Sun 25-Sep-16 15:32:13

I agree about sitting down to pee , but now they have broken the loo seat , honestly I am at my wits end

user1474922142 Mon 26-Sep-16 22:11:27

Your boys really should know better and i understand your frustration. The best to try on the grout is this spray Give it a a few sprays around the grout and then scrub off.

VioletBam Tue 27-Sep-16 01:20:48

Dab a blob of paint at the back of the loo where they should aim. Use acrylic and let it dry before the loo is flushed.

mypropertea Tue 27-Sep-16 07:15:51

You can get stickers for the loo that change colour when you pee on them... works in student bars so hopefully will work on the boys. Do the older ones pay rent? Can you up the rent to pay for a cleaner?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now