Self-cleaning ovens. Who has one?

(9 Posts)
cariboo Wed 21-Sep-16 19:24:53

I do but I don't how to use it. Anyone?

SweetChickadee Wed 21-Sep-16 19:37:20

Mine's really simple - press the Clean button, choose quick clean or standard and press go.... door locks and off it goes

3 hours later little pile of ash in the oven to wipe up and that's it

Have you looked for the manual online?

HoneyDragon Wed 21-Sep-16 19:38:54

My dh does apparently hmm

Twistergeese Wed 21-Sep-16 19:42:46

There's a clean setting. Careful though - we need to take out all the wire shelves and side clips. There's 1,2 or 3. 3,takes ages and mimics the temperature on the surface of the sun. We only ever do a 1. Oven never gets that bad. I love it!

Honey dragon smile

DurhamDurham Wed 21-Sep-16 19:46:55

I tell myself we have one as an excuse not to clean the blooming thing but in reality we do not.

We have the house on the market and I'd be interested in getting one of they worked so reading with interest.

SweetChickadee Wed 21-Sep-16 20:45:46

I leave the racks in - they need a clean too and don't fit in the sink. The manual warns they 'may discolour' if you leave them in. Bothered grin

wowowowow Thu 22-Sep-16 07:11:17

We have a pyroletic cleaner (is that what it's called?) I would love to be able to leave the racks and fittings in - has anyone else tried that.

I love the self cleaning but need to time it carefully as can't do in very hot weather - makes kitchen very hot.

Humphriescushion Thu 22-Sep-16 07:15:33

I have one, like wowwow use it in winter as it gets v hot, Is v good.

OK, I am buying new oven(s) soon for new kitchen. I love the idea of a self-cleaning one. Can someone please explain the difference between pyrolytic and catalytic?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now