Disappointed with duvet cover burrito method

(8 Posts)
cozietoesie Tue 20-Sep-16 19:56:25

Three times I've chickened out but yesterday I watched the YouTube video twice and decided to try it in the interests of science. I think it actually took longer than normal what with turning the duvet cover inside out - conveniently ignored in the video - spreading and flattening both it and the duvet to match on the bed, rolling the darn thing, and dashing back and forward round the bed to do 'things' on the other side before unrolling it.

Was it just me and beginner's ham-fistedness? Does it get better?

IlPorcupinoNilSodomyEst Tue 20-Sep-16 21:08:05

Meh, I just turn cover inside out when taking it off the duvet, wash and dry inside out, then grab corners and shake the duvet in over the banisters - I manage this with everything up to a super king size. Can't imagine the burrito saves any time or effort? Good for the step count though!

MarklahMarklah Tue 20-Sep-16 21:12:58

I can't do it either.
I do what the Terry Pratchett fan above does!

cozietoesie Tue 20-Sep-16 21:20:04

Ah. Bannisters had never occurred to me! smile

cozietoesie Tue 20-Sep-16 21:21:03

Banisters

RatOnnaStick Tue 20-Sep-16 21:23:10

Yeah I can't be arsed with it all either. Inside out and a bloody great shake does me fine.

sentia Tue 20-Sep-16 21:23:35

I do what IlPorcupino does, with the exception of the inside out washing as we have duvet covers with edge bits on them and they get crumpled if dried inside out. Burrito sounds complicated...

isthistoonosy Tue 20-Sep-16 21:26:25

I do the same as IIPorcupino, except I stand up on one end of the bed to shake as my landing is too cluttered to get to the banister.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now