That tip where you clean your oven door with a dishwasher tablet?!

(134 Posts)
WitteryTwittery Mon 19-Sep-16 23:12:08

LOOK! Just look! That took less than 5 mins, and my oven was particularly disgusting!!! Thank you thank you thank you to whoever posted that tip a while back!

MiddleClassProblem Mon 19-Sep-16 23:12:55

What do you do!?!

BakeOffBiscuits Mon 19-Sep-16 23:13:34

Omg I'm so going to try that! Thank you for posting.

What did you actually do?!

BakeOffBiscuits Mon 19-Sep-16 23:14:00

you ca not see through my oven door, it is so dirty

WitteryTwittery Mon 19-Sep-16 23:15:39

I just slightly dampened a dishwasher tablet and rubbed it quite hard over the glass, and all the gross stuff just came off! I think I'm going to leave it like that to show everyone who walks through my door, I'm so impressed with it! grin

My DH did ours on Saturday. He was amazed! I am delighted he did it, it was properly minging.

timeforsomethingnewithink Mon 19-Sep-16 23:25:17

I'm trying this tomorrow! My oven is minging in need of a clean.

MiddleClassProblem Mon 19-Sep-16 23:26:06

This is wrong how excited I am about cleaning the oven

zen1 Mon 19-Sep-16 23:44:41

Does it work on the rest of the oven too?

WitteryTwittery Mon 19-Sep-16 23:46:57

Errrrrm, I don't know if it does, sorry Zen. I just did half a door and quit. grin

Someone else can try the rest of the oven with it and report back!

ChipmunkSundays Tue 20-Sep-16 09:37:24

I just rushed off all excited to try this, but the tablet just disintegrated all over the door immediately. confused What am I doing wrong? I just put it under the tap for a minute, I didn´t soak it or anything. Or does it need to be a particular brand of dishwasher tablet?

MiddleClassProblem Tue 20-Sep-16 10:51:34

A minute sounds like a long time. I was assuming you just make it a little damp? Maybe not even run it under the tap just dab water on it?

MyVisionsComeFromSoup Tue 20-Sep-16 11:06:24

I tried this, and it made no difference whatsoever, the dishwasher tablet just crumbled in my hand

My dishwasher tablets are coated in a plastic film type thing. I assume therefore that these are not suitable?!

My oven door is filthy though, if this works then I need to do it. Which type/brand of tablet works best please?

Deux Tue 20-Sep-16 11:09:53

Don't soak the tablet in water. You just need a few drops of water on it to start it off then add more if you need it.

So just dip one end of the tablet in water then straight out again. Shake off excess.

Deux Tue 20-Sep-16 11:11:00

I use the cheapest dishwasher tablets available. So Sainbury's basics etc. Nothing fancy.

RJnomore1 Tue 20-Sep-16 11:11:28

Even easier - rub it over the door, leave for ten minutes and use your steamer in the door, the dirt just falls off.

NoCapes Tue 20-Sep-16 11:11:32

I tried this yesterday too, it just kind of scratched at the grease and made no difference whatsoever
Very disappointed hmm

VeryPunny Tue 20-Sep-16 11:12:51

You can just use the plain old dishwasher powder. No faffing about with tablets. I just use a Brillo pad, though.

Nanasueathome Tue 20-Sep-16 11:19:05

Amazing
Just did mine and it is gleaming
Thank you

SheldonsSpot Tue 20-Sep-16 11:28:30

I now have a mess of crumbly dishwasher tablet over my oven door and floor.

It has prompted me to make a note to call a local oven cleaning company though - so thanks anyway.

Thanks deux

<adds Sainsburys dishwasher tablets to DH's shopping list>

PovertyPain Tue 20-Sep-16 11:50:26

If the tablet crumbles, surely using a damp rung out cloth over the top of the tablet so you're still rubbing the tablet powder in.

MiddleClassProblem Tue 20-Sep-16 12:10:37

Now I don't know whether to do it or not

notarehearsal Tue 20-Sep-16 12:29:34

Omg just done this amazing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now