Washer dryer recommendations?

(7 Posts)
dodobookends Sun 18-Sep-16 18:36:38

Hi all, can anyone help please, our old washer dryer has just given up the ghost and we need a new one, a freestanding condenser.

It needs to be a washer dryer as we don't have the room for separates, and I was just wondering whether anybody knows of a good one, or any to avoid?

Thanks in advance

booo21 Mon 19-Sep-16 08:19:14

You can get some really nice washer dryers from here at reasonable prices.

TommyandGina Mon 19-Sep-16 08:32:19

I've recently purchased an LG. Was a bit more expensive than some but I like the fact it has got a low temperature tumble dry. Also has an 8kg drum and 10 year parts warranty.

dodobookends Mon 19-Sep-16 11:33:36

Great, thanks. MIL has very kindly said that she will buy it for us and she doesn't mind about the price so we can choose whatever we want. So sweet of her smile

NanTheWiser Mon 19-Sep-16 11:59:46

Bearing in mind that the dryer is never as good as a separate machine, I have had an AEG for 15 years that was very good. Having just had a complete kitchen refit, I've replaced all appliances with Siemens, including this model, (from John Lewis). Their own brand should be good too, probably made by AEG. I have to qualify this by saying I don't use the dryer much, mainly to finish towels, as I prefer to line-dry and I live alone, so don't need to do a wash every day. I think you get what you pay for, and the more expensive brands tend to be more reliable.

dodobookends Mon 19-Sep-16 19:24:04

I'd love to have separate machines, but there isn't room in our tiny house, and we don't have a garage to put a tumble dryer in either. Our last machine was a Candy, and DH found the receipt earlier - we've had it nearly 11 years, so it hasn't done too badly.

AnythingNotEverything Mon 19-Sep-16 19:30:20

We have this one. Shock horror it actually dries clothes. Especially if you put them on for an extra 40 min drying cycle.

The wash and dry cycles are quite long though. I think it's because of the efficiency rating.

http://ao.com/pla/WDAL8640G-Hotpoint-Washer-Dryer-Silver-24691-2.aspx?&WT.zPT=MDA&WT.zz_AT=washer%20dryer&WT.zMT=Search&WT.zz_RTM=PLA&WT.zMAT=Hotpoint&WT.zz_DT=m&WT.zFT=Free%20Standing&WT.zz_PC=WDAL8640GGH&WT.srch=1&wt.zz_cn=MDA%20-%20Washer%20Dryers%20-%20Hotpoint&wt.zag=brand%20type&wt.zz_kw=WDAL8640G_GH&gclid=CO6f3d2HnM8CFaEK0woduhwPnw

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now