Exciting Hoover dilemma - which Miele?!

(11 Posts)
CarpeJugulum Sun 18-Sep-16 10:37:21

My Hoover has finally gone I may have shoved it down the stairs so I can buy a new one.

I want a Miele - and I'm debating between the c2 and the c3.

So tell me, oh wise ones, what's the difference as they both seem to have the same motor and suction?

Boredomismyenemy Sun 18-Sep-16 10:40:59

I have just this week bought the Miele c2 allergy. It's brilliant! The suction is amazing. No idea what's the difference, I got majorly confused looking at them all but this one ticked all my boxes and I couldn't be more pleased with it.

CarpeJugulum Sun 18-Sep-16 10:49:59

Is that the yellow one? I did the Miele guide and it recommended that variant, but I still torn! Where did you get it?

frenchielala Sun 18-Sep-16 11:40:11

I have the red cat and dog one - works really well. I would recommend

Boredomismyenemy Sun 18-Sep-16 12:21:24

Yes it's yellow and I got it from Argos as it had a deal on it and it was available that day.

Boredomismyenemy Sun 18-Sep-16 12:24:23

Oh and the only difference I could see was c2 has a dial to select program and the c3 has buttons!

CarpeJugulum Sun 18-Sep-16 16:24:38

Decision made and bought it! C3 cat and dog coz our Argos didn't have the c2.

It's amazing. Ive just hoovered the living room carpet and I can see the pile lifting and moving and it looks clean, not just flat and "slightly better than it was but if you walk on it, the crud underneath will rise to the top". And it's light! I carried it upstairs and it wasn't a huge strain.

Why on earth have I waited two years to buy this?!!!! I'm off to do the actual stairs now, with a nozzle! grin

DramaAlpaca Sun 18-Sep-16 16:28:09

I was just coming on to recommend the C3 and I see you've now got one, so I'll just tell you that it's the best hoover I've ever had smile

EnidButton Sun 18-Sep-16 17:07:11

Think that's the one we have, it's very good but just a word of warning, if you ever have to vacuum up flour or talcum powder, keep hold of the thin metal strip that's under the plastic handle and do not touch the metal pipe. I didn't read the instructions properly before using, went to vacuum up spilt talc and got the biggest static shock ever. I honestly thought I'd ran over a live wire or something it was that huge. It hurt and I was too scared to use it for a couple of weeks. blush

So yeah. Learn from my mistake.

Other than that, it's a very good vacuum.

CarpeJugulum Mon 19-Sep-16 07:21:09

Just read the manual, and have noted this for future reference!

I'm in love with a vacuum. I hoovered my bedroom, which I had hoovered the day before, and the difference is marked. The carpet has hoover marks and looks clean and feels nice to walk on. It's chalk and cheese from my old one.

user1474267441 Mon 19-Sep-16 07:50:39

I've got a C3 and it's fantastic. It's really easy to maneuver and comes with some good cleaning accessories. The suction on it is top notch as well i would defintley recommend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now