Toilet seat help

(8 Posts)
slimeyjoe Sat 17-Sep-16 18:04:53

Can someone help me find a toilet seat that actually fits the toilet, and that has fittings that don't loosen after five minutes... I'm the only girl in a houseful of males and they don't seem to not be able to break -fuckup- the seat so that it slides off to one side or the metal bolts holding it in place snap...
All suggestions greatly received.

Polkadot1974 Sat 17-Sep-16 22:13:42

No ideas but also pissed off with wonky loo seats

slimeyjoe Sun 18-Sep-16 22:09:37

I feel better knowing I'm not alone in this ...

ChocolateBudgeCake Sun 18-Sep-16 22:10:34

You're not alone. I regularly have to tighten ours

Sendraboots Sun 18-Sep-16 22:10:52

get slow close seats, the fittings are better

ChocolateBudgeCake Sun 18-Sep-16 22:11:26

And don't get me started on 'soft closing' seats. That lasted about a week and now the damn thing slams shut like any other.

Ldnmum2015 Mon 19-Sep-16 01:03:21

I went for months with a wonky seat that kept shifting, in the end I had to unscrew the bolts, remove the seat, underneath the seat there should be a screw to reposition the long bolts, you have to reposition these long bolts, tighten up the screw, turn the seat over again and attach it to the toilet and the screw the bolts back. Most seats are adjustable, lock up instructions on you tube.

booo21 Mon 19-Sep-16 08:01:41

we've got this toilet seat at home and it never comes loose, maybe worth taking a look!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now