Do you own a heat-pump Dryer made by samsung

(12 Posts)
Kc1009 Wed 14-Sep-16 18:33:49

One simple question.

DOES IT DRY YOUR WASHING????????

Especially bed sheets.

Tronkmanton Thu 15-Sep-16 21:13:12

Yes and yes. But it's overpriced and takes bloody hours to dry anything! It also gets condensation on the inside of the window- not had a dryer do that before.

ChocChocPorridge Thu 15-Sep-16 21:27:46

I don't have the samsung, but an AEG - and like Tronk it's unbelievable how frustratingly long it takes to dry everything.

It's also super-sensitive to fluff - I have to clean all three filters really frequently or it stops working.

I think the main problem is it seems to just gently huff warm air at the clothes, which is probably better for them, but I almost miss unloading steaming jeans with burning hot zips!

Kc1009 Fri 16-Sep-16 07:07:36

Omg I'm so glad I'm not the only one. It takes two settings, 2 maybe 4 times to dry my washing it is driving me potty.

sopsmum Sun 18-Sep-16 10:09:15

I have the John Lewis one that is actually made by aeg. It takes forever and won't work if there is any fluff anywhere. But it doesn't shri k my clothes!!

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 18-Sep-16 17:22:53

If you had a spin dryer it would get an extra pint out of the washing & it would dry faster.

They spin at 2800rpm & the centrifugal drainage gets the water out better than the horizontal position the washing machine spins at.

Fairylea Sun 18-Sep-16 17:24:33

I do and I love it but I always find i need to dry stuff for another 15 mins after it thinks it's finished to get stuff super dry.

Fairylea Sun 18-Sep-16 17:25:31

I do find I need to clean the filter very often and use an old paintbrush to get the fluff off the metal by the filter. Then it works much better.

SwedishEdith Sun 18-Sep-16 17:28:15

I have the John Lewis one as well. I've learnt to just ignore most of the settings and just use Extra Dry or whatever. And be quite organised - so load it the night before and set it to come on at 6.30 etc. It hates men's jeans and heavy hoodie type stuff.

SwedishEdith Sun 18-Sep-16 17:32:58

But it's cheap to run. Our fuel bills have come down since getting it as, presumably, don't have the heating on so much to try to dry clothes. I' recently stacked mine on top of the washing machine and I thinks it's drying better.

Fairylea Sun 18-Sep-16 18:45:58

I agree re the cheap to run. My electricity bill for the last 3 months when I've had the dryer is nearly half of what it was before! (With an old c rated dryer).

Kc1009 Sun 18-Sep-16 19:54:10

Must admit. I wouldn't notice any savings due to having air condition on in the house. Hoping will notice a difference in the winter tho. Although I feel the amount of times I have to put it on to dry it would cost more then my last tumble. Has anyone got any tips in how to get bedding dry. I've got superking I've tried just one sheet at a time, as well as all bedding nothing works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now