Kitchen blinds - what do you have?

(7 Posts)
Trickymoments Wed 14-Sep-16 15:54:50

I have been meaning to get a blind for the kitchen for ages & still not got round to it.

The sun is really strong through that window right at the time I'm cooking tea & as kitchen is small it can feel like being in a sauna with the oven on, despite opening window.

I can't decide whether to go for a roller blind or venetian. Would a roller blind block the sun out enough? If I have to have it pulled right down I'll lose alot of natural light?
Leaning towards venetian so that I can tilt the slats to block sun but still let in light. But then I know these are a pain to clean.

Please share what you have and any suggestions of where to buy would be great. I've seen some good deals online but slightly worried about getting measurements wrong!

NanTheWiser Wed 14-Sep-16 17:14:47

I've just had a complete kitchen refurbish, and chose these blinds from Blinds2go. I needed one large and one small roller blind, and I'm really pleased with the quality. All you need to do is take exact measurements of length and width and they make the adjustments for you. Loads to choose from, although not the cheapest, but there are plenty of recommendations on MN for this company.
The roller option should be enough to block low sun (this is what I needed) and depending on the pattern and colour you choose, shouldn't block out too much light. It's your choice in the end, though, which type of blind you go for.

Kc1009 Wed 14-Sep-16 18:31:52

I also bought from blinds2go. Fantastic customer service.

DoloresVanCartier Wed 14-Sep-16 18:33:30

I bought white faux wood from blinds to go. Really happy with them and I can tilt to stop the sun coming in and still have light

TollgateDebs Wed 14-Sep-16 19:15:31

Another blinds2go customer, with artic white faux wood venetians in the kitchen. We also had an issue with top rail (our fault) and their customer service was excellent.

TollgateDebs Wed 14-Sep-16 19:17:19

Venetians are easy to clean and we take the faux wood outside and soap down and drip dry. You can also dust with a fluffy sock on your hand!

Trickymoments Wed 14-Sep-16 19:32:32

Thank you all. I do like the look of
white venetians so think I'll end up with that. I was worried about wood
in the kitchen so good to know about the faux wood.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now